The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MSB0010445 in combination with stereotactic radiaosurgery

Forums General Melanoma Community MSB0010445 in combination with stereotactic radiaosurgery

Participant

We are going up to sign consents at The Angeles Clinic on Friday for this trial.  (in subject above)  Is anyone currently on or know much about it?  It's a stage ll.  Praying daily for compassionate use  for PD -1.    My husband is running out of options.  He's a very healthy 49 year old.  We were only married barely 9 months when he was diagnosed.  He currently is intermittely in pain but for the most part feels pretty good.  Taking naps daily too.   It's been a year and a half here we are begging, searching, listening to everybody that has something to share.  Thank you!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        POW
        Participant

I never heard of MSB00010445. Is it a chemical? A monocloncal antibody? Does it go by any other name?

Regardless, this sounds like a promising combination of therapies and The Angeles Clinic has an excellent reputation. I hope your husband has a quick and complete reponse. Please do keep us posted about his progress. 

killmel
            Participant

Holly,

I am so sorry that things are not going well for your husband.

Sad but true, I do not think that PD1 is going to be given out for compassionate use. Why does your husband not qualify for a PD1 trial??

For what it is worth, I am a patient at Angeles Clinic and my doctor is Dr. Boasberg.

In my opinion he is the BEST. He is compassionate and caring. He is brilliant and has done extensive research & clinical trials in Melanoma.

Dr. Boasberg takes time with you and explains everything in great detail. All his patients love him. If you can get Dr. Boasberg, I highly recommend him. I would request Dr.Boasberg to be your doctor because he is the BEST of the BEST!!! Dr. O'Day & Dr. Boasberg were the founders of the Angeles Clinic.

Good Luck

killmel
              Participant

Good Day Holly,

I hope that your "sign up forthe trial went well.

Since know one posted any knowledge about this trial, you would help  us all by posting what this trial is all about. What is the protocol and treatment. Giving us contact information (ie doctor name, et) so that others may sign up for this trial would be extremely helpful. Please take the time to share your experience today with us.

MaryBeth

killmel
                Participant

Good Day Holly,

Since know one posted any knowledge about this trial, you would help  us all by posting what this trial is all about. What is the protocol and treatment. Giving us contact information (ie doctor name, et) so that others may sign up for this trial would be extremely helpful. Please take the time to share your experience today with us.

MaryBeth

killmel
                  Participant

Good Day Holly,

MaryBeth

killmel
                    Participant

Holly,

Sad but true, I do not think that PD1 is going to be given out for compassionate use. Why does your husband not qualify for a PD1 trial??

For what it is worth, I am a patient at Angeles Clinic and my doctor is Dr. Boasberg.

In my opinion he is the BEST. He is compassionate and caring. He is brilliant and has done extensive research & clinical trials in Melanoma.

Dr. Boasberg takes time with you and explains everything in great detail. All his patients love him. If you can get Dr. Boasberg, I highly recommend him. I would request Dr.Boasberg to be your doctor because he is the BEST of the BEST!!! Dr. O'Day & Dr. Boasberg were the founders of the Angeles Clinic.

Good Luck

killmel
                      Participant

Holly,

Good Luck

POW
                      Participant

I never heard of MSB00010445. Is it a chemical? A monocloncal antibody? Does it go by any other name?

Regardless, this sounds like a promising combination of therapies and The Angeles Clinic has an excellent reputation. I hope your husband has a quick and complete reponse. Please do keep us posted about his progress. 

POW
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics