The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MS and immunotherapy

Forums General Melanoma Community MS and immunotherapy

Participant
      I have seen some discussions about having MS and receiving Opdivo/Yervoy immunotherapy but they were mostly people about to start and no follow up. Anyone have experience with this or know of any recent research on it? My fiancé has stage IV in 2 axillary lymph nodes and 1 small lung met. His brain MRI shows no Mets but is consistent with MS especially given a family history of it. He hasn’t started treatment yet, but I know targeted meds are only a temporary fix and immunotherapy is the best long term option. I’m worried it could cause rapid MS progression though.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Dr. Mario sznol of Yale did an interview on “Research to practice” with Dr. Love in 2019 and talked about patient with MS that he gave immunotherapy drugs to and tolerated them. If you go to 40:20 min mark in following video you can listen to interview. You have to join Research to practice but it is free just extra step. it has other melanoma experts interviewed over last few years like Dr. Weber Dr.Long Dr. postwoman, Dr. Michael Davies of MD Anderson, so basically the leading melanoma experts on the planet. https://www.researchtopractice.com/DOU119/Video/1?playlistIndex=2#t=40m38s
            ed williams
            Participant
              Dr. postow, not postwoman as auto correct got me above. He is at Memorial Sloan Kettering.
        Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics