The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MRI/PET/CT Monday here we go again

Forums General Melanoma Community MRI/PET/CT Monday here we go again

Participant

I know everyone feels it; the usual anxiety right before scan time.  I was wondering up until yesterday why I was so cranky and short tempered.  DUH.  I've had so much radiation that no baby should ever sit on my lap!!

I know everyone feels it; the usual anxiety right before scan time.  I was wondering up until yesterday why I was so cranky and short tempered.  DUH.  I've had so much radiation that no baby should ever sit on my lap!! 🙂  As many of you have aptly said, it's more difficult each time to bounce back from the last recurrence, and to get oneself geared up for the next scan.  I've had 1 primary, 6 recurrences, most recently 4/10 in lung.  I've had a chest tube removed without the benefit of drugs (hold your breath!!), a cage with screws around my head for gamma knife after a craniotomy (that was fun), lymph nodes under left arm are gone, 3 thoractomies, 2 clinical trials,and a VATs surgery.  .  But everyone here is in the same boat.  Thank you all for allowing me this opportunity to vent.  It does give me solace to have this BB and people like me who are pissed off with MM.  Cheers!!  I'm hoping not to be spending this Xmas in hospital, but instead, surrounded by my beautiful family and my wonderful friend NED.  laugh

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        bcl
        Participant

Good luck Monday Kel! Sounds like you've certainly earned yourself a NED Christmas, I know that's what I'll be wishing for you:)

killmel
            Participant

Hi Linda,

Happy to see you post. I have been wondering how Cass is doing. She is in my prayers and I always think about her.

Any update on Cass would be great, we all care about her.

Tell Cass Jan sens her love & hugs.

killmel
              Participant

Hi Linda,

Happy to see you post. I have been wondering how Cass is doing. She is in my prayers and I always think about her.

Any update on Cass would be great, we all care about her.

Tell Cass Jan sens her love & hugs.

kel
                Participant

GREAT NEWS!  CT/PET/MRI all clear.  Just like an oil change, I'm good to go for FOUR months now (moved from 3). Happy Holidays everyone and my wish for everyone is that NED be your friend at the holiday dinner table, and if not NED, then the BEAST kept outside your door.  NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give up!  Love you all, you are my lifeline. 

lhaley
                  Participant

Fantastic news!!!!  Your holidays will be so much sweeter knowing your great results! 

I'm in watch and wait mode this holiday for a small lung nodule, we've parked mel outside the door and will also be enjoying.

Linda

lhaley
                    Participant

Fantastic news!!!!  Your holidays will be so much sweeter knowing your great results! 

I'm in watch and wait mode this holiday for a small lung nodule, we've parked mel outside the door and will also be enjoying.

Linda

kel
                      Participant

GREAT NEWS!  CT/PET/MRI all clear.  Just like an oil change, I'm good to go for FOUR months now (moved from 3). Happy Holidays everyone and my wish for everyone is that NED be your friend at the holiday dinner table, and if not NED, then the BEAST kept outside your door.  NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER give up!  Love you all, you are my lifeline. 

bcl
                      Participant

Good luck Monday Kel! Sounds like you've certainly earned yourself a NED Christmas, I know that's what I'll be wishing for you:)

killmel
                        Participant

Sending you positive thoughts & life time results for NED

Hugs

Jan

killmel
                          Participant

Sending you positive thoughts & life time results for NED

Hugs

Jan

LynnLuc
                            Participant

3 thoracotomies! Wow …I had one and it was the most painful thing to recover ( still recovering after 8 months). The coughing up blood and garbage  had me sleeping ina recliner for weeks. The surgeon at Mayo said it is the most painful surgery to recover from! Bless you!

LynnLuc
                              Participant

3 thoracotomies! Wow …I had one and it was the most painful thing to recover ( still recovering after 8 months). The coughing up blood and garbage  had me sleeping ina recliner for weeks. The surgeon at Mayo said it is the most painful surgery to recover from! Bless you!

Carmon in NM
                                Participant

I just had my CT/brain MRI yesterday and I know exactly how you are feeling. Now the waiting for results…I hate it but there is nothing to do but get through it day by day.

I also hear you about the joys of the gamma knife halo after a craniotomy. Thank God for good pain drugs!

I'll be thinking of you and praying for good results for both of us! Carmon Stage IV since 6/10

Carmon in NM
                                  Participant

I just had my CT/brain MRI yesterday and I know exactly how you are feeling. Now the waiting for results…I hate it but there is nothing to do but get through it day by day.

I also hear you about the joys of the gamma knife halo after a craniotomy. Thank God for good pain drugs!

I'll be thinking of you and praying for good results for both of us! Carmon Stage IV since 6/10

Viewing 7 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics