The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Most Kind Mr. John etal (LONG)

Forums General Melanoma Community Most Kind Mr. John etal (LONG)

Participant

well guys and guyettes.

well guys and guyettes.

first off parden any and all spelling (R. take note)  of late my brain seems wonkier than usual.  I have had to change all my recent appts about, as I strongly feel my DD comes first and we have had some issues come up that needed her mamma (that be me) by her side.  Nothing is solved and it is on going, so my doc (fam doc appt of this past tues was cancelled, due to the doctor being ill, it is being kept for next tues 22 where I will get some insurance papers done, prescriptions renewed, complete and I mean complete blood lab requistion done (I will have been fasting for the required 14 hours as dictated) and urinalysis.  I will once and for all FIND OUT WHAT IF anyhting is happening to me.

My brain doctor appt I cancelled as DD had a proceedure one hour before my appt (hers in one town, mine in another, and thoiugh I could maybe have made it, I did not wish to be all huffy puffy, high BP rattled, and more wonky for a neuroloigst appt and speak even more gibberish than usual, and flunk all the monkey tests (verbal cognitive, and gait, and general old demented people things and have him push on my shunt to activate it and give me sore top of head.

So I cancelle it to be with DD and not rush about.   That appt will be now on the 26th  ^YES a neurologist who works two saturdays a month" what a treasure this is.  My optomistrist appt (she pays more attention to my eyes and my moles on the retinia and the not so good earlid, than the eye cancer guys and the other guy who did the actual earlid building.  I had to cancel that appt on the 7th of March cos DD has another proceedure  I moved that one to the 15th in the evening….yes another doctor who does eveniing appt.  (mine take forever, cos it will also be a vision test)

On the 3rd of March is my mothers 93 b day.  I am having a luncheon (she and I )  which I do every year for the past 42 years now, but I must again accompany DD to her actual proceedure at the hospital, so I plan on pre-paring mom's lunch stuff and having the table set, so I only have to re heat it.  (93 year olds dont eat much, and it is a simple simple light meal) 

See I cannot simply tell a simple story, SOrry I will always be VERBOSE!  ooops.   To answer your question John.   I will first see the family doctor,  I will get my stuff done (I have written it down)  since I have the rough inside gum feeling, on the one side  but dentist well he is not a cancer expert, I know, I will request a referal to a ENT  I do not know how long that will take.  Maybe a cancer card will be used I dunno.  the bone you mentioned is indeed the bone he said it was, but it still looks like a round bone elongated perhaps with a hole in the centre, and when I asked him where the other one was he shrugged.  Your page you sent me sounds like there is suppose to only be ONE? hahha  and it is suppose to be somewhere near the thyroid?  My thyroid is hypothyroid and I take meds, and what I thought was the shunt tube are simple tendons ahhaha.  But it looks funny not close at all to where my thyroid is. and I do have a swollen maybe node   And two weeks ago, found out myu old uncle,  who has prostate cancer  (like my brother did, and died from)  and my father did, and so on and so on,  also has developed (years ago, only  now its stage highest>  salavary gland cancer.   makes me thought for concern.

GEEEZE   My left gland has for 30 years been droopy.  Once I had them try to test it by injecting some dye to trace , but it exploded so they gave up.  but it as I age hangs down like old lady neck only on just one half.   the lump just below my jaw is on the other side.  So me  best get things moving.

but DD does in my life come first.  My mother says no  I argue with her   (ya I argue with my 93 year old, who would have always put herself first)  unless we were bleeding all over the place. 

But all my appt are just put off by one week.  I can deal with it.   Only thing is a fasted for 14 hours for NOTHING   and did not get hungry as I was too worried about DD   and will just fast again next Monday  (this monday)  for a Tuesday morning appt and lab visit.

Love Bonnie who did in fact go to derm, told him he was promoted, as I am sick of the docts at PMH who last time, a young 13 year old girl doctor, sat with clip board, thrilled that my computer test of anxiety, depression, social feelings all came out good (er) than last several times.  *(stress in the home was lessened, due to someone being away for 3 months)  this doc did not touch me, did not check my vitals, when shown a spot by my hubby, said oh that looks ok.   (they are oncologists, not derms, and I have not seen the 'head guy in almost a year"  but had seen his number one, who was great, this time a new student reporting under another head guy one of whom I do not know,  and I know I am not interesting enough, and I was pisssed off.  So I promoted my derm out here. hahah

I go back to PMH in one year, and I would ndormally celebrate, but feel I did not get adequate check over last time.  so will just depend on my other zillion doctors until something goes wrong, which of course it never will.  wheeee.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Bonnie Lea,

You sound so stressed. I hope your daughter has no issues with her procedure.  I totally understand that we put our children first. Putting off your appointments by just 1 week won't change a thing.

Deep breaths, and depending upon how you feel today either go for a long vigerous walk or cuddle up with a book that will take you to an island where you can destress.  I know that Doctors tell us to exercise but sometimes the book works better for me.

Oh, and add a big stack of chocolate chip cookies and glass of milk to the table beside you when you escape into your book.  I'm going to an art class in an hour, that will be my escape for the day. 

Linda

Bonnie Lea
            Participant

Oh Linda you know what I am doing today???  one of the most not Bonnie things EVER…. going out with future son in iaw and HIS MOTHER to do what?  hrumph  look at engagement rings for my baby girl.  He LOVES ME  Ii am his best buddy now, and I value that, truely I do,  but his mother is very up front (nice woman)  but has this HUGE diamond ring and one from a deceased grandmother of his, that he feels he wants to incorporate into the design he has chosen.  Now even though I hinted to my DD that this is coming down,  she has warned me of what not to agree to,  (my tastes exactly, and she herself has said she would have loved to have my poor wee broken and never been fixed diamond (size of a grain of sugar diamond sneaked into it.  Well, I am bringing it along with me, and will only if they decide to put in grammys and her diamond which according to DD are HUGE  hmmm

SO it is not a fun day.  He wants it to be perfect, but for whom I ask for whom?  But I will put my pudgy foot down, and at least try to get something along what DD wishes.  I have a ring that she adores, and I even cleaned it all sparkly up  (sapphire with small diamonds but tis the shape style, and size she wishes)  so I will show them that, and tell them not to get some HUGE giant thing that woiuld look like the rock of gibralter on her small hands.  then we will all go out to DIM SUM (their fav place)  I think its weird to drag along two mothers to decide the final ring choice.   But in a way I feel honoured I guess,  but this has gotten my already bubbling tummy up in big flips.  I do not know diddly squat about diamonds,  points, cuts, carrots, (hahah colour) clarity, infractions?  But I will flub my way and be a worldly mamma out for the best for her dotter, in what looks good.   (she says only no zirconion hahah   love from the peasant in jewerly land.surprise

Bonnie Lea
              Participant

addition to ring day with me and future SIL and his Mom.  Much to my surprise It went WELL.  He picked a ring,  he did NOT incorporate any family diamonds,  my old diamond was TOO big (hahah) for the side diamond channel thingy, I talked him into being real, and understanding that to use a old diamond for  his love was not a cool thing, his maw agreed.  We have decided (even him) to let him buy her a NEW ring all new diamonds and get this  CANADIAN ones too,  and any other diamonds to be of  NO CONFLICT kind (sort of like Fair trade coffee)  My special cause.

all agreed.  He put a down payment on what I and she and he decided, would be a perfect setting for DD.  and I even got him to change his mind on the date of proposal.  So it was decided that when he goes to get their wedding rings, he will (wants to)  use my mothers diamond (small)  his mothers diamond  (smaller) and his grandmothers diamond to put in the band.  My mother who thought her engagement ring was just a zirconium, hahah  pleasantly surprised to find it was a whole 1/10 of a CT so for her that was lovely, and for me to know that my DD will have her grandmother and grandfather sort of forever in her wedding band, made me feel a whole lot better.

I will simply get my engagement ring fixed and remount the diamond and telling my DH that the ring he paid 125.00 45 years ago, is in fact NOT FLAWED and deemed too big to fit into a planned thing for DD made him smile so big,  I loved my wee ring,and knew in my heart it was the bestus thing I ever had, and hearing someone say it today just cinched it for DH.

ahhhhh  Future MIL even wanted to plan our dresses…..  so makes me feel good, and said  tsk tsk stop worrying about your BOOOZUMS or lack thereof. hahah

GOOD DAY I am content.  Tomorrow is spa day with DD and me. and hair cut,  ooooh such a drastic move.  I want a change, and unfort, I have been looking  GASP at hair cuts for old ladies.   LORD HELP ME OUT.angel

lhaley
                Participant

I finally cut my hair a few years ago when I just couldn't wake up with enough time to get through the curls and get to work.  Then I kept it at what I call 3 min. or less!

My son did use my mom's diamond but put it into a new setting for his wife.  He was in college and that was her only chance for a diamond!!  She doesn't wear it now because she has gained too much weight. Hopefully one day she can fit it again!!  My ring is small and I've had it on my finger forever.  Someday it will be a necklace for my grandbaby. 

It's great that your future son in law invited you along!!  To me it says that you have gained a son.  I'm sure you will look beautiful in whatever dress you pick out!!  I had my dress tailored to cover my scar on my breast from my original wide excision. Little did I know that 2 months later I would have a recurrance and never wear a low cut dress again!!  They had an outside wedding and it rained. Stopped about 15 min. before the ceremony but wow did my hair frizz!!!  

Enjoy the planning!!!! 

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

I finally cut my hair a few years ago when I just couldn't wake up with enough time to get through the curls and get to work.  Then I kept it at what I call 3 min. or less!

My son did use my mom's diamond but put it into a new setting for his wife.  He was in college and that was her only chance for a diamond!!  She doesn't wear it now because she has gained too much weight. Hopefully one day she can fit it again!!  My ring is small and I've had it on my finger forever.  Someday it will be a necklace for my grandbaby. 

It's great that your future son in law invited you along!!  To me it says that you have gained a son.  I'm sure you will look beautiful in whatever dress you pick out!!  I had my dress tailored to cover my scar on my breast from my original wide excision. Little did I know that 2 months later I would have a recurrance and never wear a low cut dress again!!  They had an outside wedding and it rained. Stopped about 15 min. before the ceremony but wow did my hair frizz!!!  

Enjoy the planning!!!! 

Linda

Bonnie Lea
                    Participant

addition to ring day with me and future SIL and his Mom.  Much to my surprise It went WELL.  He picked a ring,  he did NOT incorporate any family diamonds,  my old diamond was TOO big (hahah) for the side diamond channel thingy, I talked him into being real, and understanding that to use a old diamond for  his love was not a cool thing, his maw agreed.  We have decided (even him) to let him buy her a NEW ring all new diamonds and get this  CANADIAN ones too,  and any other diamonds to be of  NO CONFLICT kind (sort of like Fair trade coffee)  My special cause.

all agreed.  He put a down payment on what I and she and he decided, would be a perfect setting for DD.  and I even got him to change his mind on the date of proposal.  So it was decided that when he goes to get their wedding rings, he will (wants to)  use my mothers diamond (small)  his mothers diamond  (smaller) and his grandmothers diamond to put in the band.  My mother who thought her engagement ring was just a zirconium, hahah  pleasantly surprised to find it was a whole 1/10 of a CT so for her that was lovely, and for me to know that my DD will have her grandmother and grandfather sort of forever in her wedding band, made me feel a whole lot better.

I will simply get my engagement ring fixed and remount the diamond and telling my DH that the ring he paid 125.00 45 years ago, is in fact NOT FLAWED and deemed too big to fit into a planned thing for DD made him smile so big,  I loved my wee ring,and knew in my heart it was the bestus thing I ever had, and hearing someone say it today just cinched it for DH.

ahhhhh  Future MIL even wanted to plan our dresses…..  so makes me feel good, and said  tsk tsk stop worrying about your BOOOZUMS or lack thereof. hahah

GOOD DAY I am content.  Tomorrow is spa day with DD and me. and hair cut,  ooooh such a drastic move.  I want a change, and unfort, I have been looking  GASP at hair cuts for old ladies.   LORD HELP ME OUT.angel

Bonnie Lea
                      Participant

Oh Linda you know what I am doing today???  one of the most not Bonnie things EVER…. going out with future son in iaw and HIS MOTHER to do what?  hrumph  look at engagement rings for my baby girl.  He LOVES ME  Ii am his best buddy now, and I value that, truely I do,  but his mother is very up front (nice woman)  but has this HUGE diamond ring and one from a deceased grandmother of his, that he feels he wants to incorporate into the design he has chosen.  Now even though I hinted to my DD that this is coming down,  she has warned me of what not to agree to,  (my tastes exactly, and she herself has said she would have loved to have my poor wee broken and never been fixed diamond (size of a grain of sugar diamond sneaked into it.  Well, I am bringing it along with me, and will only if they decide to put in grammys and her diamond which according to DD are HUGE  hmmm

SO it is not a fun day.  He wants it to be perfect, but for whom I ask for whom?  But I will put my pudgy foot down, and at least try to get something along what DD wishes.  I have a ring that she adores, and I even cleaned it all sparkly up  (sapphire with small diamonds but tis the shape style, and size she wishes)  so I will show them that, and tell them not to get some HUGE giant thing that woiuld look like the rock of gibralter on her small hands.  then we will all go out to DIM SUM (their fav place)  I think its weird to drag along two mothers to decide the final ring choice.   But in a way I feel honoured I guess,  but this has gotten my already bubbling tummy up in big flips.  I do not know diddly squat about diamonds,  points, cuts, carrots, (hahah colour) clarity, infractions?  But I will flub my way and be a worldly mamma out for the best for her dotter, in what looks good.   (she says only no zirconion hahah   love from the peasant in jewerly land.surprise

lhaley
                      Participant

Bonnie Lea,

You sound so stressed. I hope your daughter has no issues with her procedure.  I totally understand that we put our children first. Putting off your appointments by just 1 week won't change a thing.

Deep breaths, and depending upon how you feel today either go for a long vigerous walk or cuddle up with a book that will take you to an island where you can destress.  I know that Doctors tell us to exercise but sometimes the book works better for me.

Oh, and add a big stack of chocolate chip cookies and glass of milk to the table beside you when you escape into your book.  I'm going to an art class in an hour, that will be my escape for the day. 

Linda

Viewing 1 reply thread
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics