The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

More ASCO – anti-LAG-3 plus anti-PD-1 and new drug added to the ipi/nivo combo

Forums General Melanoma Community More ASCO – anti-LAG-3 plus anti-PD-1 and new drug added to the ipi/nivo combo

• Replies
      ed williams
      Participant
        If I might add to the ipi+nivo + Tocilizumab (IL-6) drug information, which looks very interesting, one video from 2019. Dr. Weber in a 4 min video explains the thinking behind the trial and why they are going down this pathway and explains where the data came from and what their hope is in the trial. Also one little addition to your blog, the clinical trial needs another “9” at the end of the trial #, so it should read NCT03999749. Here is Weber from 2019 on adding Tocilizumab. https://www.cancertherapyadvisor.com/home/news/conference-coverage/american-society-of-clinical-oncology-asco/asco-2019/melanoma-inhibitors-elevated-levels-of-serum-crp-il6-biomarkers-poor-prognosis/
        Bubbles
        Participant
          You rock, Edster!!  Thanks, for sharing, my friend.  Typo corrected and awesome link added.  Gotta love a man in a bow tie who can elucidate the difference between prognostic and predictive!!!   – les
          guynamedbilly
          Participant
            I was one of the rats in this case, received Nivo+Ipi+Toci last year, but not as a trial.  I had received the toci to manage the effects of another trial, but continued it into nivo+ipi coming off of that.  I think my doctor might have made a unique maneuver with the insurance for them to approve it, because they refused to continue after the first or second dose lol.  I have some residual brain fog from that trial so pardon me if the timeline is off, but the trio worked very well for me.  I didn’t develop colitis except maybe a little towards the end, where when I was on ipi+nivo previously I had to be hospitalized for severe duodenitis.
            Bubbles
            Participant
              Good to know, Billy!!!  Thanks for being a rattie indeed and letting us know how it went!  Hang in there!  c
          Viewing 3 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics