The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mole within tattoo getting bigger, making tattoo disappear?

Forums General Melanoma Community Mole within tattoo getting bigger, making tattoo disappear?

Participant

Hello All,

Ive noticed since I got my tatoo on my stomach, a mole that they tattood over at the time has been getting slightly larger… Though Ive put on a few lbs, and the skin has stretched a tiny biy anyway, it worries me because a little line of the tattoo has disappeared and the mole seems to have gotten bigger (across AND upward) ….Ive read on tattoo forums that it's not good to tattoo right over a mole, but he did anyway, I have a smaller freckle/mole growing next to it too but that one has not gotten bigger. Ive had melanoma before (thin-completely excised)

Anyone else have issues with moles inside of tattoos? What doe sit look like? Has it come back positive?

I need to see the dermatologist anyway, but can't get in until october…

Help?!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        ltalley
        Participant

I know how hard it is to get in to a dermatologists, but in the mean time a regular doctor can do a biopsy on it and let you know if it's melanoma. And if it comes back as melanoma a doctor can always tend to get someone in to a dermatologists sooner than the individual themself. I would aim to do that since you do have a history of melanoma already… Better to be safe than sorry.. Good luck to you and please keep us updated..

ltalley
          Participant

I know how hard it is to get in to a dermatologists, but in the mean time a regular doctor can do a biopsy on it and let you know if it's melanoma. And if it comes back as melanoma a doctor can always tend to get someone in to a dermatologists sooner than the individual themself. I would aim to do that since you do have a history of melanoma already… Better to be safe than sorry.. Good luck to you and please keep us updated..

ltalley
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics