The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mole on breast removed today

Forums General Melanoma Community Mole on breast removed today

Participant

Had a shave biopsy on right breast today. Prior melanoma almost seven years ago on left buttock, had punch biopsy, then full excision. No further tx required or recommended at that time. Completed all monthly and yearly checks until 5 year mark. Went today for regular check up, had a mole on breast that the medical person stated she "didn't like the look of", and she did the shave biopsy. Has anyone else had a primary spot on a breast, and if so, did they do shave or punch at first?

Had a shave biopsy on right breast today. Prior melanoma almost seven years ago on left buttock, had punch biopsy, then full excision. No further tx required or recommended at that time. Completed all monthly and yearly checks until 5 year mark. Went today for regular check up, had a mole on breast that the medical person stated she "didn't like the look of", and she did the shave biopsy. Has anyone else had a primary spot on a breast, and if so, did they do shave or punch at first? I'm wondering if the shave vs punch was a matter of preserving look of breast until pathology is back? I can't remember if last time it was shave, punch, excision, or just punch and then excision.

Thanks for thoughts!

Viewing 16 reply threads
    • Replies
        Everymoment
        Participant
          Hi,
          I had one removed on my breast because it had odd markings. It was not dark like my other melanomas but it was odd. Came back as moderately displastic. What’s funny is it healed perfectly. My body has a tendency to scar bad so I was happy.
          Hope it helps.
          Isabell
          Everymoment
          Participant
            Hi,
            I had one removed on my breast because it had odd markings. It was not dark like my other melanomas but it was odd. Came back as moderately displastic. What’s funny is it healed perfectly. My body has a tendency to scar bad so I was happy.
            Hope it helps.
            Isabell
            Everymoment
            Participant
              Hi,
              Hope it helps.
              Isabell
              Everymoment
              Participant
                Hi,
                Hope it helps.
                Isabell
                Everymoment
                Participant
                  Hi,
                  Hope it helps.
                  Isabell
                  Everymoment
                  Participant
                    Hi,
                    Hope it helps.
                    Isabell
                    val_erie38
                    Participant

Thanks!

Calynda
                      Participant

I had one removed from just above my breast back in February… it was done as a shave biopsy.

Calynda
                        Participant

I had one removed from just above my breast back in February… it was done as a shave biopsy.

Calynda
                          Participant

deardad
                            Participant

Hi,

Considering your history I'm quite surprised to hear they did a shave over a punch? I'm not an expert on this but with a history of melanoma I would never allow a shave….it doesn't give you an accurate depth should it be melanoma (not that it is and probably isnt) but in the future I would say no to shave. All the best and hopefully its nothing.

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

val_erie38
                              Participant

Thanks all for your thoughts. Got the call on Friday 7/26 that the mole removed was "mild dysplastic", so I guess I'm clear again unless something else pops up.

val_erie38
                                Participant

Thanks all for your thoughts. Got the call on Friday 7/26 that the mole removed was "mild dysplastic", so I guess I'm clear again unless something else pops up.

val_erie38
                                  Participant

val_erie38
                                    Participant

val_erie38
                                      Participant

val_erie38
                                        Participant

deardad
                                          Participant

Hi,

Considering your history I'm quite surprised to hear they did a shave over a punch? I'm not an expert on this but with a history of melanoma I would never allow a shave….it doesn't give you an accurate depth should it be melanoma (not that it is and probably isnt) but in the future I would say no to shave. All the best and hopefully its nothing.

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                            Participant

Hi,

Take care

Nahmi from Melbourne

Viewing 16 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics