The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mole Mapping or Total Body Photography in Maryland

Forums General Melanoma Community Mole Mapping or Total Body Photography in Maryland

Participant

Hello- I have not been diagnosed with cancer, but I have a lot of moles (nearly 200), and I've had several atypical ones removed, including one that caught me off guard and scared me last week. Many are in places that are hard for me to see, let alone keep track of. I want to keep on top of them, but I have tried photography at home and I am just no good at it. My dermatologist was not able to recommend a professional photographer, either. Can anyone recommend a photographer near Baltimore, Maryland who would be willing and able to do mole mapping / total body photography?

Hello- I have not been diagnosed with cancer, but I have a lot of moles (nearly 200), and I've had several atypical ones removed, including one that caught me off guard and scared me last week. Many are in places that are hard for me to see, let alone keep track of. I want to keep on top of them, but I have tried photography at home and I am just no good at it. My dermatologist was not able to recommend a professional photographer, either. Can anyone recommend a photographer near Baltimore, Maryland who would be willing and able to do mole mapping / total body photography? I only want the photographs for my own use, so I do not necessarily need them to be highly formal or systematic; in fact, some of the more complicated options I have come across on the web look like they involve software that I won't even be able to run on my Mac. I would be happy with high resolution digital pictures with good lighting and clear focus, which I just can't seem to manage on my own. Thanks for your help!

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        mel123
        Participant

Hi, I don't think I've ever heard of a service like that, but if you have a good camera, or know someone who does, maybe you could have a friend of family member help you take pictures? I was just thinking about this last night because I think I see a new freckle/mole on my back, but I'm not sure if it's really new or not. I think I really need to take some pics so that I don't wonder in the future. 

Hopefully someone else will have more information, but I hope you never need to come back to this board for anything melanoma related!

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Melissa

mel123
          Participant

Hi, I don't think I've ever heard of a service like that, but if you have a good camera, or know someone who does, maybe you could have a friend of family member help you take pictures? I was just thinking about this last night because I think I see a new freckle/mole on my back, but I'm not sure if it's really new or not. I think I really need to take some pics so that I don't wonder in the future. 

Hopefully someone else will have more information, but I hope you never need to come back to this board for anything melanoma related!

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Melissa

mel123
            Participant

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Melissa

Ranisa
              Participant

I used DermaGraphix.  This photographer flies all over and does the pictures.  It is expensive.  My flex spending took care of it.  I think he is out of New York.  Google it and check it out.

Ranisa
                Participant

I used DermaGraphix.  This photographer flies all over and does the pictures.  It is expensive.  My flex spending took care of it.  I think he is out of New York.  Google it and check it out.

Ranisa
                  Participant

Ranisa
                    Participant

sorry had the wrong name.  Check out http://www.dermatrak.com.  This photographer flew to chicago from New york.  Maybe he handles some thing near you.  I have loved having the pictures where I can check something out myself.  If I think something is changing I just pull up the pictures on my own computer and go and get it taken off.

Ranisa
                      Participant

sorry had the wrong name.  Check out http://www.dermatrak.com.  This photographer flew to chicago from New york.  Maybe he handles some thing near you.  I have loved having the pictures where I can check something out myself.  If I think something is changing I just pull up the pictures on my own computer and go and get it taken off.

Ranisa
                        Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics