The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Moderate atypical on my ear.

Forums General Melanoma Community Moderate atypical on my ear.

Participant

I had melanoma on my arm with a wide extraction they removed it all.  Now with my recent dermatologist visit they did a shave biopsy and it came back as moderately atypical.  My question is:  has anyone had something removed off their ear? What can I expect?  It's on the back of my ear but close to where my ear meets my head.  I have an appt. with plastic surgeon (what they recommended) on the 29th for a consult but I'm going crazy wondering if I'm gonna lose part of my ear.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        CynthiaLee
        Participant
          I had Stage1 superficial spreading melanoma behind my right ear just about in crease where ear meets head. I also had surgery by a plastic surgeon with a WLE and skin graft along with a sentinel node biopsy. You will not lose any ear as long as it goes well and as planned. My skin graft two years later still feels odd alot but it is fine and not noticeable but to where it is. Good luck!
          94z28joe
          Participant

my melanoma was on the top part of my ear. So i had to have some of it removed. I also had a couple local recurrances there as well and had some more of it removed. My suregeon did a great job on mine. im alittle self conscious about it but most people really dont even notice.

Jenniferp09
              Participant

Thank you!  I'm feeling better after reading this!!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics