The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MK3475 (PD1) Experiences

Forums General Melanoma Community MK3475 (PD1) Experiences

Participant

Interested to hear how patients are doing on expanded access PD1.  My husband has had chemo, surgeries, radiation, Cyberknife, 2 rounds of ipi and now 2 doses of PD1.  After first dose his LDH was lower and he has been feeling better than he has in a year.  He was diagnosed in April 2013.

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

2 doses of the expanded access PD1 and he is feeling better is good news for me to hear. I've really been worrying about this EAP but for me I see it as my only choice at this time so to hear good news from it is a blessing. I'm waiting on the call for when I'm supposed to start it. Either this coming week or next week but not sure yet. I'll try to update the forum how it turns out.

arthurjedi007
          Participant

2 doses of the expanded access PD1 and he is feeling better is good news for me to hear. I've really been worrying about this EAP but for me I see it as my only choice at this time so to hear good news from it is a blessing. I'm waiting on the call for when I'm supposed to start it. Either this coming week or next week but not sure yet. I'll try to update the forum how it turns out.

cbs805
              Participant

We go to the Beverly Hills Cancer Center, Dr. O'Day.  John, my husband doesn't have any tumors that can be felt so we won't know for sure what is happening until his scans in July.  Hope all goes well for you.   Very grateful for this drug. 

cbs805
                Participant

We go to the Beverly Hills Cancer Center, Dr. O'Day.  John, my husband doesn't have any tumors that can be felt so we won't know for sure what is happening until his scans in July.  Hope all goes well for you.   Very grateful for this drug. 

cbs805
                  Participant

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

sweetaugust
                    Participant

I'm 1.5 years into MK-3475 and doing great!  I no longer have progressive disease and have almost no evidence of disease as all but one spot have cleared up.  That last bad lymphnode seems to almost be back to normal size though…so all going in the right direction.  Still working fulltime and living a basically normal life.  Feeling good and happy to be here appreciating each moment.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Much luck to you!

Laurie

killmel
                        Participant

Laurie,

Did you ever discussed with your doctor that if you stopped the trial, then you had a recurrecnce, that you would be able to get back on the trial?

What is Merck policy about stopping the trial after 2 yrs then wanting back on the trial because of disease progression?

sweetaugust
                          Participant

I don't actually see my doctor again until after I scan again in mid June.  Until then, I just see my nurses for my treatments.  We will look at my scan results and then I will ask again about Mercks rules on stopping the trial after 2 years, and the ability of getting back on the treatment if it starts growing again.

sweetaugust
                            Participant

I don't actually see my doctor again until after I scan again in mid June.  Until then, I just see my nurses for my treatments.  We will look at my scan results and then I will ask again about Mercks rules on stopping the trial after 2 years, and the ability of getting back on the treatment if it starts growing again.

sweetaugust
                              Participant

killmel
                                Participant

Laurie,

Did you ever discussed with your doctor that if you stopped the trial, then you had a recurrecnce, that you would be able to get back on the trial?

What is Merck policy about stopping the trial after 2 yrs then wanting back on the trial because of disease progression?

killmel
                                  Participant

Laurie,

sweetaugust
                                  Participant

I'm 1.5 years into MK-3475 and doing great!  I no longer have progressive disease and have almost no evidence of disease as all but one spot have cleared up.  That last bad lymphnode seems to almost be back to normal size though…so all going in the right direction.  Still working fulltime and living a basically normal life.  Feeling good and happy to be here appreciating each moment.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Much luck to you!

Laurie

sweetaugust
                                    Participant

Much luck to you!

Laurie

Tina D
                                      Participant

I am not in the eap, but have been in the Merck trial since end of July 2013. Have had an 83% response thus far. Feeling well most of the time aside from symptoms caused by adrenal insufficiency and hypothyroid ( side effects from this and prior treatments)… these are easily treated with meds. 

Tina

Tina D
                                        Participant

I am not in the eap, but have been in the Merck trial since end of July 2013. Have had an 83% response thus far. Feeling well most of the time aside from symptoms caused by adrenal insufficiency and hypothyroid ( side effects from this and prior treatments)… these are easily treated with meds. 

Tina

Tina D
                                          Participant

Tina

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics