The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MK-3475 Approval?

Forums General Melanoma Community MK-3475 Approval?

Participant

Rumor from a reliable source says MK-3475 (pembrolizumab) could be approved as early as mid summer. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        rosa1
        Participant

Does this source also mention any restrictions, such as prior IPI fail and/or BRAF therapies if BRAF positive?

rosa1
          Participant

Does this source also mention any restrictions, such as prior IPI fail and/or BRAF therapies if BRAF positive?

Scuba Doc
              Participant

He did not give any more info. — but I research those  questions daily — I hope the individual oncologist can make that decision.

Scuba Doc
                Participant

He did not give any more info. — but I research those  questions daily — I hope the individual oncologist can make that decision.

Scuba Doc
                  Participant

RJoeyB
                    Participant

Catherine Poole at MIF has been trying to gather information from her contacts about this and put up a post this morning with some information here:

http://forum.melanomainternational.org/mif/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=35124

Scuba Doc
                      Participant

On a more favorable note — When looking at this report, it looks like patients who are  IPI untreated do better that IPI treated patients when given pembrolizumab —– 

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140602005550/en/Data-Merck%E2%80%99s-Pembrolizumab-Largest-Study-Date-Investigational#.U6hSSZt15w5

KatB
                        Participant

Favorable for some, I suppose…

KatB
                          Participant

KatB
                            Participant

Cooper
                              Participant

How is that favorable if they require you to have IPI before you can get PD1!

Cooper
                                Participant

Scuba Doc
                                  Participant

Perhaps with all the new test results Merck will allow melanoma patients to take pembrolizumab regardless of having been previously treated with IPI. I know that some patients opted not to take the IPI for other health reasons. Allowing those patients access to pembrolizumab seem like a no brainer based on the current data.

Scuba Doc
                                    Participant

Perhaps with all the new test results Merck will allow melanoma patients to take pembrolizumab regardless of having been previously treated with IPI. I know that some patients opted not to take the IPI for other health reasons. Allowing those patients access to pembrolizumab seem like a no brainer based on the current data.

Cooper
                                      Participant

It is up to the FDA to decide, be sure to write or call them or your congressman

Cooper
                                        Participant

It is up to the FDA to decide, be sure to write or call them or your congressman

Cooper
                                          Participant

Scuba Doc
                                            Participant

Cooper
                                              Participant

Scuba Doc
                                                Participant

On a more favorable note — When looking at this report, it looks like patients who are  IPI untreated do better that IPI treated patients when given pembrolizumab —– 

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140602005550/en/Data-Merck%E2%80%99s-Pembrolizumab-Largest-Study-Date-Investigational#.U6hSSZt15w5

Scuba Doc
                                                  Participant

RJoeyB
                                                    Participant

Catherine Poole at MIF has been trying to gather information from her contacts about this and put up a post this morning with some information here:

RJoeyB
                                                      Participant

rosa1
                                                      Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics