The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mike Schmidt/melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Mike Schmidt/melanoma

• Replies
      MoCedar
      Participant

Thank you for sharing this link.  Living in Philly and being a life long Phillies fan I read the reports with special interest. I was disappointed that the initial news reports in March about Mike's diagnosis, treatment and recovery from most major news venues and reporters were so ignorant about Melanoma that I contacted them with a request to spread the real melanoma story. Mike Schmidt is such a beloved player and they could have done so much to raise awareness. Your article did just that. Thank you.

MoCedar
        Participant

Thank you for sharing this link.  Living in Philly and being a life long Phillies fan I read the reports with special interest. I was disappointed that the initial news reports in March about Mike's diagnosis, treatment and recovery from most major news venues and reporters were so ignorant about Melanoma that I contacted them with a request to spread the real melanoma story. Mike Schmidt is such a beloved player and they could have done so much to raise awareness. Your article did just that. Thank you.

MoCedar
          Participant

Cooper
              Participant

I agree and glad Mike Schmidt came out and told his story.  Curt Schilling wont' talk about his cancer and should as it brings awareness for someone famous to do this.

JC
                Participant

Schilling has melanoma too?

JC
                  Participant

JC
                    Participant

Cooper
                      Participant

I agree and glad Mike Schmidt came out and told his story.  Curt Schilling wont' talk about his cancer and should as it brings awareness for someone famous to do this.

Cooper
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics