The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Might as well cook something…

Forums General Melanoma Community Might as well cook something…

Participant

Gosh, this page is in very sad shape…

So, for the only two who continue to read and post- John and Dan- here's a NO GUILT Chocolate Pumpkin Muffin/Cupcake recipe for Halloween (we Trick or Treat tonight in Hooterville ) :

Ingredients: (only  2! )

18.5oz  box of Devil's Food cake mix

15 oz. can of 100% pure pumpkin  [ NOT pumpkin pie filling ]

Gosh, this page is in very sad shape…

So, for the only two who continue to read and post- John and Dan- here's a NO GUILT Chocolate Pumpkin Muffin/Cupcake recipe for Halloween (we Trick or Treat tonight in Hooterville ) :

Ingredients: (only  2! )

18.5oz  box of Devil's Food cake mix

15 oz. can of 100% pure pumpkin  [ NOT pumpkin pie filling ]

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine two ingredients [ do not add anything else ] . Pour the batter into a 12 cup lined muffin/cupcake pan; bake 20 minutes.  181 calories, 3.5 grams fat.

Only two ingredients- and what could be as seasonal -devil's chocolate and pumpkin! AMAZING, right?  If you desire frosting [ and who doesn't ] frost with fat free or light Cool Whip cheeky

Happy Halloween devil

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Janner
        Participant

Is it any good?

TinaR
            Participant

Yes, I think it's extremely good …especially for a low calorie item. Some people do not care for a more dense cake ( maybe a bit moist) but I am not that fussy when it comes to food. I could eat the same thing every day for the rest of my life ( as long as I could have coffee with it! )  I like that this muffin doesn't have artificial sweetener,  is so low cal for a large item and uses pumpkin !

I also love to make pumpkin dip…just real packed pumpkin mixed with either an 8oz cream cheese or just cool whip or both!  You can use Ginger Snaps or Spice Cookies or even the stick graham crackers with this…fruit too. It's easy and good. I sprinkle cinnamon on top. Quick.

I'm so tired…Trick or Treat was exhausting for some reason? Weird.

LV
              Participant

Wait. Trick or treating is over all ready? Does this mean I get to eat the leftovers? Those mini-butterfingers have been calling my name for some time now, but I was holding out until Sunday night.

LV
                Participant

Wait. Trick or treating is over all ready? Does this mean I get to eat the leftovers? Those mini-butterfingers have been calling my name for some time now, but I was holding out until Sunday night.

TinaR
                  Participant

Yes, I think it's extremely good …especially for a low calorie item. Some people do not care for a more dense cake ( maybe a bit moist) but I am not that fussy when it comes to food. I could eat the same thing every day for the rest of my life ( as long as I could have coffee with it! )  I like that this muffin doesn't have artificial sweetener,  is so low cal for a large item and uses pumpkin !

I also love to make pumpkin dip…just real packed pumpkin mixed with either an 8oz cream cheese or just cool whip or both!  You can use Ginger Snaps or Spice Cookies or even the stick graham crackers with this…fruit too. It's easy and good. I sprinkle cinnamon on top. Quick.

I'm so tired…Trick or Treat was exhausting for some reason? Weird.

Janner
                  Participant

Is it any good?

yoop
                    Participant

Real pumpkin?  My mom would make pumpkin pie from scratch and I remember it tasting pretty nasty, much rather have the non real stuff.

Just back from a week in the U.P. at our camp.  Shot a nice 7 point if you're wondering. 

We had a big wild game feed last Friday, on the menu was ruffed grouse with a hint of lemon, good ol' snapping turtle casserole (very good once you get over the thought of the nasty turtle), slow cooked barbecued venison back straps and baby back ribs over the open fire and stuffed hot peppers.  As they said on Hee Haw 'Saaaaa Loooooo' after Grandpa Jones gave the supper menu.

uncle Ted out

TinaR
                        Participant

I was so confused by the menu right up to the mention of Hee Haw.  Shooting, eating gamey meat and creatures…yikes, sounds like a nightmare to me! Someone has to do it, I'm glad it was you ๐Ÿ™‚

TinaR
                          Participant

I was so confused by the menu right up to the mention of Hee Haw.  Shooting, eating gamey meat and creatures…yikes, sounds like a nightmare to me! Someone has to do it, I'm glad it was you ๐Ÿ™‚

yoop
                          Participant

Real pumpkin?  My mom would make pumpkin pie from scratch and I remember it tasting pretty nasty, much rather have the non real stuff.

Just back from a week in the U.P. at our camp.  Shot a nice 7 point if you're wondering. 

We had a big wild game feed last Friday, on the menu was ruffed grouse with a hint of lemon, good ol' snapping turtle casserole (very good once you get over the thought of the nasty turtle), slow cooked barbecued venison back straps and baby back ribs over the open fire and stuffed hot peppers.  As they said on Hee Haw 'Saaaaa Loooooo' after Grandpa Jones gave the supper menu.

uncle Ted out

Bonnie Lea
                            Participant

Dear Queen of the House, kitcheh, and everything around you.

"Mother, forgive me as it has been 4 days since my last posting"  I have no excuse, but only that some topics (like  most things) seem to fly over my head.  I am bending my head down and pray for absolution in my neglect of this board.  I went to my DD place last weekend.  (mother dotter sleepover)  I decided to escape this place here for two days with dotter.  Loved it.  We had tickets to see Wicked and I must tell you I was hesitant at the thought of disturbing the Great and Wonderful Oz.  But man…was it great!!!

The slumber party was very very quiet, (since I have been banned from champagne) (new meds never fear the bubbly and I will one day be of one yet again"

Dotter made me my traditional (made by her only)  Eggs Benedict  (cept for the strangest thing, I could not find Canadian Bacon….go figure….. so I substituted Canadian Ham.  (let me say, for benedict lovers, it is not the same.)

We  had dinner out after the theatre, and I enjoyed a HUGE RUBEN SANDWICH  which I could not have enjoyed more.  (I even ate the delish coleslaw, but could not eat the 'frozen not from scratch french fries'  I was driven home on Sunday, and enjoyed a quuiet morning, waiting for DH to come home from Church.

No recipes.  Just to say     SHAME ON ME FOR MY LACK OF POSTINGS  (LOP)

signed in humility

Bonnie of the Lea

TinaR
                                Participant

Oh, Bonnie . I'm glad you had a great sleepover and saw a play! Fun. I gave my son and his girlfriend tickets to see that show a couple of years ago. They loved it too ๐Ÿ™‚

I like Eggs Bennedict!  I make my Hollandaise sauce quickly in the blender…so easy and just as tasty. The  hot butter cooks the eggs and the whirling takes care of curdle issues. Yum. Sound like a wonderful time.

TinaR
                                  Participant

Oh, Bonnie . I'm glad you had a great sleepover and saw a play! Fun. I gave my son and his girlfriend tickets to see that show a couple of years ago. They loved it too ๐Ÿ™‚

I like Eggs Bennedict!  I make my Hollandaise sauce quickly in the blender…so easy and just as tasty. The  hot butter cooks the eggs and the whirling takes care of curdle issues. Yum. Sound like a wonderful time.

Bonnie Lea
                                  Participant

Dear Queen of the House, kitcheh, and everything around you.

"Mother, forgive me as it has been 4 days since my last posting"  I have no excuse, but only that some topics (like  most things) seem to fly over my head.  I am bending my head down and pray for absolution in my neglect of this board.  I went to my DD place last weekend.  (mother dotter sleepover)  I decided to escape this place here for two days with dotter.  Loved it.  We had tickets to see Wicked and I must tell you I was hesitant at the thought of disturbing the Great and Wonderful Oz.  But man…was it great!!!

The slumber party was very very quiet, (since I have been banned from champagne) (new meds never fear the bubbly and I will one day be of one yet again"

Dotter made me my traditional (made by her only)  Eggs Benedict  (cept for the strangest thing, I could not find Canadian Bacon….go figure….. so I substituted Canadian Ham.  (let me say, for benedict lovers, it is not the same.)

We  had dinner out after the theatre, and I enjoyed a HUGE RUBEN SANDWICH  which I could not have enjoyed more.  (I even ate the delish coleslaw, but could not eat the 'frozen not from scratch french fries'  I was driven home on Sunday, and enjoyed a quuiet morning, waiting for DH to come home from Church.

No recipes.  Just to say     SHAME ON ME FOR MY LACK OF POSTINGS  (LOP)

signed in humility

Bonnie of the Lea

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics