The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Metastasis in Foot / Right Lateral Cuneiforme Bone ????

Forums General Melanoma Community Metastasis in Foot / Right Lateral Cuneiforme Bone ????

Participant

Dear all:

I will post my entire story asap. Just back from a long, long day at hospital. I have just finished 26  x Opdivo after full right axillary LN-Dissection.

The worst news at today's 3-monthly PET/CT was an "ill defined leasion / FDG-Uptake at 6.1 SUV" in right lateral cuneiforme bone, my right foot. No symptoms and no injury. Brand ndew. Not seen 3 months ago or 6 months ago!

Some LN's in chest we have osbserved for 1 year + have slighlty increased in SUV-value to max 5.1 and 2 of them size-wise from 0.4cm to 0.7 cm and 0.5 to 0.7cm during the 1 year Opdivo….

As I mentioned, I will write up my full, interesting story of the last 4 years asap.

Just a quick inquiry to all. Melanoma in a bone/foot???? Can that be treated? Radiation?

What is next regarding chemo or immunetherapy? Stop Opdivo? Add Yervoy? Keutruda?

What are the risks. I am in Thailand in a good hospital, but obviously can't match US or other hospitals…

Please your thoughts…Thank you all kindly….Sorry, I am still a bit in shock…..

Thank you for any support or feedback.  MS>

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        SaraSmile
        Participant

Hi Michael, 

Sounds like you've been on a tough journey these last few years. The best I have to offer is positivity. You'll have plenty of time to worry (if needed) once you've been given more definitive information… 

Also to keep in mind that FDG is not a cancer-specific agent, and false positive findings in benign diseases have been reported in active inflammation or infection, causing false-positive results. 

Be kind to yourself, starting with your mind. Hang in there my friend and be well. 

Sara

Bubbles
          Participant

Sara is right, you need to wait to see what you are really dealing with…though given all you have been through, that's got to be tough.  Yes…bone mets, no matter where they are can be treated.  Here is a primer of general treatment info that may help:  

https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/search?q=primer

Keytruda and Opdivo are basically the same…both are anti-PD-1 products.  Adding Yervoy (ipi, an anti-CTLA-4 product) could certainly be additive.  Radiation alone is not very effective in melanoma, but when combined with immunotherapy, the combo can elicit responses better than either alone.  Additionally, if it turns out you do have a melanoma met…knowing your BRAF status would be important as well.

Hopefully, these are all just red herrings (things that light up that aren't really cancer)!!!  Hang in there.  Ask more questions as you need.  Yours, Celeste

homeless
              Participant
                Wow. Incredible info & site. Sorry, my life is so “messed-up” I never even got back to my post. Than you so much and very sorry for the delay to
                thank you. All the best. “homeless”
          Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics