The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mercks anti PD 1 trial

Forums General Melanoma Community Mercks anti PD 1 trial

Participant

Trial Information

Study of MK-3475 in Participants With Progressively Locally Advanced or Metastatic Carcinomas & Melanoma (P07990/MK-3475-001 AM2)

Trial Information

Study of MK-3475 in Participants With Progressively Locally Advanced or Metastatic Carcinomas & Melanoma (P07990/MK-3475-001 AM2)

Official Title: Phase I Study of Single Agent MK-3475 in Patients With Progressively Locally Advanced or Metastatic Carcinomas & Melanoma

Summary

In Part A of this study, the dose of intravenous (IV) MK-3475 will be escalated to find the maximum tolerated dose (MTD) for participants with a histologically or cytologically confirmed diagnosis of any type of carcinoma or melanoma (MEL). Part B of the study will explore the efficacy of the drug at the MTD in participants with advanced or metastatic MEL.

Phase: Phase 1

Locations (1)

Country State City Zip Facility and Contact
      United States Texas San Antonio 78229 Investigational Site 1

Overall Contacts

SP Clinical Trial Registry Call Center
      1-888-772-8734

NCT ID:NCT01295827

Date Last Changed: October 21, 2011

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        LynnLuc
        Participant
          LynnLuc
          Participant
            LynnLuc
            Participant
              MariaH
              Participant

Thanks for posting Lynn!

MariaH
                Participant

Thanks for posting Lynn!

MariaH
                  Participant

Thanks for posting Lynn!

chet
                    Participant

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but  is MK-3475 the same thing as Anti PD1? I was going to enter into the clinical trial at MD Anderson for the E7080 drug but was wondering if I should switch to this one instead. 

LynnLuc
                        Participant

this link ought to help….http://citninfo.org/news/Anti-PD1/Craig_slides_for_pre-reading_material__SHORT.pdf    

E7080 E

LynnLuc
                          Participant

I don't know why the font is so big lol…

When I had my Immunophenotype Report done, It said among other findings, like I was uniformly positive for HMB45 ( gp100), MART! (Melan A) and Tyrosinase.

I am in a vaccine trial ( Anti PD-1 and peptides) and the peptides were specific to the gp100 and Mart1….. Tyrosinase was not a part of my peptides, so it wold be interesting to see how this treatment works with Tyrosinase positive patients…could be my plan B or C.

I did find this…

Antitumour activity of oral E7080, a novel inhibitor of multiple tyrosine kinases, in human sarcoma xenografts.

Bruheim S, Kristian A, Uenaka T, Suo Z, Tsuruoka A, Nesland JM, Fodstad Ø.

Source

Department of Tumour Biology, Institute for Cancer Research University in Oslo, Oslo, Norway. [email protected]

Abstract

E7080 is an inhibitor of multiple tyrosine kinases, several of which have pro-angiogenic properties, including receptors for VEGF, FGF, SCF and PDGF. We undertook our study to evaluate the preclinical activity of E7080 in human sarcomas. The antitumour activity of orally administered E7080 was tested in ten human tumour xenografts representing different sarcoma histotypes. Concomitant changes in microvessel density were assayed by immunohistochemistry to CD31. Immunohistochemistry was also used to assess the expression of kinases that E7080 is known to inhibit. The MTS assay was applied to determine effects on tumour cell viability in vitro. At the Q1D5 × 2 schedule, E7080 (30 mg/kg) was active (T/C<40%) in 7/10 xenografts. The effects were accompanied by marked decrease in microvessel densities. Given at the Q1D5 × 4 schedule, E7080 (30, 10, 3 mg/kg) showed antitumour activity in a dose dependent manner in two different xenografts. E7080 growth inhibition did not correlate with the expression of VEGFR1-3, PDGFRA, PDGFRB, FGFR1 or KIT on tumour cells but was significantly correlated with expression of VEGFR2 on tumour microvessels. In vitro E7080 did not show potent effects on tumour cell viability in four different sarcoma cell lines, with IC50 values ≥ 10 μM. In conclusion, E7080 showed broad in vivo antitumour activity in sarcoma, mainly attributable to angiogenesis inhibition. E7080 was also active in xenografts resistant to one or more clinically relevant reference drugs given at MTD (doxorubicin, cisplatin or ifosfamide). The present results encourage further investigation of a potential role of E7080 in sarcoma therapy in the clinic.

Copyright © 2011 UICC.

LynnLuc
                            Participant

When I had my Immunophenotype Report done, It said among other findings, like I was uniformly positive for HMB45 ( gp100), MART! (Melan A) and Tyrosinase.

I am in a vaccine trial ( Anti PD-1 and peptides) and the peptides were specific to the gp100 and Mart1….. Tyrosinase was not a part of my peptides, so it wold be interesting to see how this treatment works with Tyrosinase positive patients…could be my plan B or C.

I did find this…

Antitumour activity of oral E7080, a novel inhibitor of multiple tyrosine kinases, in human sarcoma xenografts.

Source

Department of Tumour Biology, Institute for Cancer Research University in Oslo, Oslo, Norway. [email protected]

Abstract

E7080 is an inhibitor of multiple tyrosine kinases, several of which have pro-angiogenic properties, including receptors for VEGF, FGF, SCF and PDGF. We undertook our study to evaluate the preclinical activity of E7080 in human sarcomas. The antitumour activity of orally administered E7080 was tested in ten human tumour xenografts representing different sarcoma histotypes. Concomitant changes in microvessel density were assayed by immunohistochemistry to CD31. Immunohistochemistry was also used to assess the expression of kinases that E7080 is known to inhibit. The MTS assay was applied to determine effects on tumour cell viability in vitro. At the Q1D5 × 2 schedule, E7080 (30 mg/kg) was active (T/C<40%) in 7/10 xenografts. The effects were accompanied by marked decrease in microvessel densities. Given at the Q1D5 × 4 schedule, E7080 (30, 10, 3 mg/kg) showed antitumour activity in a dose dependent manner in two different xenografts. E7080 growth inhibition did not correlate with the expression of VEGFR1-3, PDGFRA, PDGFRB, FGFR1 or KIT on tumour cells but was significantly correlated with expression of VEGFR2 on tumour microvessels. In vitro E7080 did not show potent effects on tumour cell viability in four different sarcoma cell lines, with IC50 values ≥ 10 μM. In conclusion, E7080 showed broad in vivo antitumour activity in sarcoma, mainly attributable to angiogenesis inhibition. E7080 was also active in xenografts resistant to one or more clinically relevant reference drugs given at MTD (doxorubicin, cisplatin or ifosfamide). The present results encourage further investigation of a potential role of E7080 in sarcoma therapy in the clinic.

Copyright © 2011 UICC.

LynnLuc
                              Participant

I did find this…

Source

Abstract

Copyright © 2011 UICC.

LynnLuc
                                Participant

this link ought to help….http://citninfo.org/news/Anti-PD1/Craig_slides_for_pre-reading_material__SHORT.pdf    

E7080 E

LynnLuc
                                  Participant

E7080 E

chet
                                  Participant

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but  is MK-3475 the same thing as Anti PD1? I was going to enter into the clinical trial at MD Anderson for the E7080 drug but was wondering if I should switch to this one instead. 

chet
                                    Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics