The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Memorials from MPIP

Forums General Melanoma Community Memorials from MPIP

Inactive

I was informed today that the memorials from http://www.mpip.org/memorial.html  did not transfer over to our new site.  We aren't sure why this transfer didn't happen, but we are very sorry.  They have now been added.  However, I am missing last names for the following individuals, so if anyone can provide me with this information, I will make sure their memorials are added ASAP.  Thanks in advance for any information you may have.

Shelby – MRF

I was informed today that the memorials from http://www.mpip.org/memorial.html  did not transfer over to our new site.  We aren't sure why this transfer didn't happen, but we are very sorry.  They have now been added.  However, I am missing last names for the following individuals, so if anyone can provide me with this information, I will make sure their memorials are added ASAP.  Thanks in advance for any information you may have.

Shelby – MRF

Page 1:  Sophie

Page 2:  Steve, Ronnie, Lynda, Dann, John, and Nate

Page 3:  Brenda, Irene, Randy, and Shayna

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jag
        Participant

Shelby, I am sorry that I can't give you any of those names, but I was looking through the profiles the other day.

It turns out people can only search by name.  The thing I liked about the old board is that I could search for a keyword, and a bunch of patnets would come up.  (Patnets are now profiles) anyway, I used to find that this was veryhelpful in seeing how people responded to individual treatments.   

Is there anyway that this can be fixed?

Anonymous
            Inactive

Hi JAG,

Let me check into that for you.  I'll see what Kathy says about that search tool.  Thanks!

Shelby

Anonymous
              Inactive

Hi JAG,

Let me check into that for you.  I'll see what Kathy says about that search tool.  Thanks!

Shelby

jag
              Participant

Shelby, I am sorry that I can't give you any of those names, but I was looking through the profiles the other day.

It turns out people can only search by name.  The thing I liked about the old board is that I could search for a keyword, and a bunch of patnets would come up.  (Patnets are now profiles) anyway, I used to find that this was veryhelpful in seeing how people responded to individual treatments.   

Is there anyway that this can be fixed?

Charlie S
                Participant

Shelby, below are the archived links for the missing memorials.

Includes Sophie

Includes Steve, Ronnie, Lynda, Dann, John and Nate

Includes Brenda, Irene, Randy and Shayna

I have a personal archived copy  of all of MPIP dating back to January 25, 1999 compliments of the Wayback Machine.

I don't have them saved via hyperlinks, so you will have to cut and paste.

Charlie S
                    Charlie S
                    Participant

P.S. 

In case the links do not work cutting and pasting here is the full archive………you want to click on the Jan 11, 2006 archive date and then click on the memorials links to get to these three pages.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.mpip.org

Charlie S

Charlie S
                      Participant

P.S. 

In case the links do not work cutting and pasting here is the full archive………you want to click on the Jan 11, 2006 archive date and then click on the memorials links to get to these three pages.

http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.mpip.org

Charlie S

Anonymous
                        Inactive

Hi Charlie,

Thanks so much for this information.  I added all of the memorials that I was originally given, and those that were missing last names, I used "MPIP Friend".  I will check the links that you gave me.  Have a great day!

Shelby

Anonymous
                          Inactive

Hi Charlie,

Thanks so much for this information.  I added all of the memorials that I was originally given, and those that were missing last names, I used "MPIP Friend".  I will check the links that you gave me.  Have a great day!

Shelby

ErinMcH
                            Participant

omg….Shelby and Charlie, do you remember me?  Charlie….actually talked on the phone to you a few times when you were playing pool…..I totally don't know what my screen name was back then…..probably something related to Nabbers.   Was living in Seattle at the time…..I think once the MPIP changed to melanoma.org I stopped posting. 

Remember?  Remember?  Remember?   ๐Ÿ˜‰  

Look @ my profile….. it'll all probably come back to you. 

๐Ÿ˜‰  

ErinMcH
                              Participant

omg….Shelby and Charlie, do you remember me?  Charlie….actually talked on the phone to you a few times when you were playing pool…..I totally don't know what my screen name was back then…..probably something related to Nabbers.   Was living in Seattle at the time…..I think once the MPIP changed to melanoma.org I stopped posting. 

Remember?  Remember?  Remember?   ๐Ÿ˜‰  

Look @ my profile….. it'll all probably come back to you. 

๐Ÿ˜‰  

Charlie S
                              Participant

Shelby, below are the archived links for the missing memorials.

Includes Sophie

Includes Steve, Ronnie, Lynda, Dann, John and Nate

Includes Brenda, Irene, Randy and Shayna

I have a personal archived copy  of all of MPIP dating back to January 25, 1999 compliments of the Wayback Machine.

I don't have them saved via hyperlinks, so you will have to cut and paste.

Charlie S
                                ErinMcH
                                Participant

I actually may have been on here through '02….I had brain surgery Feb '02 unrelated to the melanoma…… ringing bells to any of the old timers?   

Charlie S
                                    Participant

Wow, Erin, yes, of course I remember you and tickled to hear you are doing well; incredible that you are now the mother of two.  Did the brain surgery get rid of all the seizures once and for all?

I prefer to consider myself a "poster with history" rather than an "old timer"……………but since we played phone pool, I guess you know that !

Soooooooooo nice to hear you are doing well.  The highlight of my day.

My best to you and your family.

Cheers,

Charlie S

ErinMcH
                                      Participant

Charlie,

You are still a riot!   So glad to hear you're doing well.  

Isn't it crazy how time flies?   My kiddos are just turned crazy 4 y/o girl who is smarter than I am, and a 15 mo old son.    If you want to see pics, shoot me off a PM or whatever…. I don't do online photos.   No facebook or anything of that nature…

One seizure coming off of (or attempting to come off of) seizure meds…. still have the auras and all that jazz, but not the tonic clonic seizures (grand mals, whatever you want to call them).   So yep, I'd say it worked.   Still on seizure meds, but am on a baby dose compared to what I was on pre-surgery.     I can't believe it's been 9 yrs since I had surgery.   What a wild ride the past 9 yrs have been….. my husband and I moved to sunnier climates 3 yrs ago, and have never looked back, though my daughter's preschool has been getting my wrath lately.   (Find my other posts about it…which is what brought me back.)   Looking through this post and seeing the names of those here back in the late '90's, turn of the century…..crazy.  

Charlie S
                                        Participant

Cool, Erin, I am so happy for you.

I limit my on-line expsoure as well,  but feel free to e-mail me.

[email protected]

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                          Participant

Cool, Erin, I am so happy for you.

I limit my on-line expsoure as well,  but feel free to e-mail me.

[email protected]

Cheers,

Charlie S

ErinMcH
                                            Participant

Charlie,

You are still a riot!   So glad to hear you're doing well.  

Isn't it crazy how time flies?   My kiddos are just turned crazy 4 y/o girl who is smarter than I am, and a 15 mo old son.    If you want to see pics, shoot me off a PM or whatever…. I don't do online photos.   No facebook or anything of that nature…

One seizure coming off of (or attempting to come off of) seizure meds…. still have the auras and all that jazz, but not the tonic clonic seizures (grand mals, whatever you want to call them).   So yep, I'd say it worked.   Still on seizure meds, but am on a baby dose compared to what I was on pre-surgery.     I can't believe it's been 9 yrs since I had surgery.   What a wild ride the past 9 yrs have been….. my husband and I moved to sunnier climates 3 yrs ago, and have never looked back, though my daughter's preschool has been getting my wrath lately.   (Find my other posts about it…which is what brought me back.)   Looking through this post and seeing the names of those here back in the late '90's, turn of the century…..crazy.  

Charlie S
                                              Participant

Wow, Erin, yes, of course I remember you and tickled to hear you are doing well; incredible that you are now the mother of two.  Did the brain surgery get rid of all the seizures once and for all?

I prefer to consider myself a "poster with history" rather than an "old timer"……………but since we played phone pool, I guess you know that !

Soooooooooo nice to hear you are doing well.  The highlight of my day.

My best to you and your family.

Cheers,

Charlie S

ErinMcH
                                              Participant

I actually may have been on here through '02….I had brain surgery Feb '02 unrelated to the melanoma…… ringing bells to any of the old timers?   

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics