The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma Vaccine gp100:209-217 (200M) is this FDA approved and how can you get it with IL-2 ?

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma Vaccine gp100:209-217 (200M) is this FDA approved and how can you get it with IL-2 ?

Participant

My husband Scott just did his first round of IL-2.  I have heard good things about the vaccine above and the trials that they did at MD Anderson with it.  Is it FDA approved?  How could you go about getting it with your IL-2 if you are not in a study?  Worth checking into since it has fairly significant results. 

Please let me know if anyone here knows anything about it. 

Thanks, Lisa

My husband Scott just did his first round of IL-2.  I have heard good things about the vaccine above and the trials that they did at MD Anderson with it.  Is it FDA approved?  How could you go about getting it with your IL-2 if you are not in a study?  Worth checking into since it has fairly significant results. 

Please let me know if anyone here knows anything about it. 

Thanks, Lisa

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Phil S
        Participant
          Lisa, I don’t think this vaccine is FDA approved, there are articles regarding it’s use in trials that are dated 6/2011. Just google and you can read about this vaccine. The thing to remember with most vaccines used in melanoma, and I know it applied to this particular vaccine, is your body tissue had to be HLAA2 positive, so it restricts about half the population . If you are interested in vaccines, have your husband’s blood tested for HLAA2 and if he is positive, it’s worth finding a current trial. Hope Scott is feeling better this weekend! Take care! Valerie (Phil’s wife)
            LynnLuc
            Participant

I had 6 peptides given every other week with my Anti PD 1 for the first 24 weeks..don't know if it contributed to keeping me NED or not…I did  gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, NY-ESO-1 Peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG i.  I had to have HLA-A*0201 as well as one of the following ( I had 2)-antibody HMB-45 for gp100, NY-ESO-1, and/or MART-1.

LynnLuc
              Participant

I had 6 peptides given every other week with my Anti PD 1 for the first 24 weeks..don't know if it contributed to keeping me NED or not…I did  gp100:209-217(210M) Peptide, MART-1:26-35(27L) Peptide, gp100:280-288(288V) Peptide, NY-ESO-1 Peptide, and Montanide ISA 51 VG i.  I had to have HLA-A*0201 as well as one of the following ( I had 2)-antibody HMB-45 for gp100, NY-ESO-1, and/or MART-1.

LynnLuc
                Participant

Phil S
                Participant
                  Lisa, I don’t think this vaccine is FDA approved, there are articles regarding it’s use in trials that are dated 6/2011. Just google and you can read about this vaccine. The thing to remember with most vaccines used in melanoma, and I know it applied to this particular vaccine, is your body tissue had to be HLAA2 positive, so it restricts about half the population . If you are interested in vaccines, have your husband’s blood tested for HLAA2 and if he is positive, it’s worth finding a current trial. Hope Scott is feeling better this weekend! Take care! Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                  Phil S
                  Participant
                    LynnLuc
                    Participant
                      LynnLuc
                      Participant
                        LynnLuc
                        Participant
                      Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics