The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma Road Trip USA visits us!

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma Road Trip USA visits us!

Participant
      Yesterday, we were visited by two young men from Australia that are traveling the US on an 18 day tour to spread awareness about Melanoma.  In Dec 2008 when Eric was in the hospital from the surgeries to remove his lymph nodes I did a search to learn more about Melanoma.  I came across a video from Jay Allen of Australia.  His story was identical to Eric's.  I wrote Jay a note and thanked him for posting the video…then the next day I received an email from Jay.  Jay and I kept in touc

Yesterday, we were visited by two young men from Australia that are traveling the US on an 18 day tour to spread awareness about Melanoma.  In Dec 2008 when Eric was in the hospital from the surgeries to remove his lymph nodes I did a search to learn more about Melanoma.  I came across a video from Jay Allen of Australia.  His story was identical to Eric's.  I wrote Jay a note and thanked him for posting the video…then the next day I received an email from Jay.  Jay and I kept in touch ever since.  Monday, Jay celebrated 3 years without Melanoma.  Accompaning Jay on this journey is Clinton Heal.  Clint was just named Young Australian of the Year.  He also lives with Melanoma having had 34 tumors removed.

They came to our home and stayed with us.  We have formed such a bond.  Channel 2 came to our home and covered some of our story.  Here is a link to that coverage.  http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local-cancer-patient-gets-help-from-down-under  The interview was actually an hour long but unfortunately a lot got chopped!  I really wish we could have had more information shared about Melanoma and the dangers…

Jay & Clint also interviewed my daughter Sam and my father.  They are posting those videos on their blog at http://www.melanomaroadtripusa.com

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        bcl
        Participant

Great interview Jill and Eric!  I just emailed 'the boys" to let them know about the successes we're having in Canada with teen sunbed bans.  Hopefully, if & when they get more media attention, they will be able to speak more to the dangers of melanoma …but what you did was still very powerful!!!   Thank you:)  –  linda

bcl
          Participant

Great interview Jill and Eric!  I just emailed 'the boys" to let them know about the successes we're having in Canada with teen sunbed bans.  Hopefully, if & when they get more media attention, they will be able to speak more to the dangers of melanoma …but what you did was still very powerful!!!   Thank you:)  –  linda

Jerry from Cape Cod
            Participant

Guys,

It was great to see you both in the video.  It's good to see Eric looking so well.  Keep it going.

Best

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
              Participant

Guys,

It was great to see you both in the video.  It's good to see Eric looking so well.  Keep it going.

Best

Jerry from Cape Cod

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics