The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma in Lymph Node…

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma in Lymph Node…

Participant
      Hello,

Just a quick question-

If you had a swollen Lymph Node, that contained cancerous cells, would it grow over time, i.e. two months- or would the one’s in close proximity start swelling too?

Thanks,

TheGaz1982.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        RhondaF
        Participant
          Hello TheGaz1982,

My husband had melanoma that spread to his lymph nodes from his ear to neck. He felt a nodule in his neck in Jan, 2020 and it started to get bigger. By the time we got in to see a dr (about May, 2020) it was fairly large. All in all, after surgery, there was only 1 lymph node that had cancer in it. They removed several lymph nodes then tested. Later, they determined they needed to go back in to clean up the area. So I don’t know the answer to your inquiry, I know what happened with my husband’s situation. I hope this helps.

TheGaz1982
            Participant
              Hi Rhonda F,

Thank you for your response- the information is very useful, and I hope that your husband is doing okay?

Kind Regards,

TheGaz1982.

RhondaF
            Participant
              Hello TheGaz1982,

Thank you for your response. My husband is doing so-so. He’s dealing with side effects from immunotherapy still even after 2 years. Muscle weakness, fatigue, hypothyroidism, and now swallowing prob attributed to radiation on his neck area. He is doing much better, but each day is something new it seems.

How are you doing?

Rhonda

TheGaz1982
              Participant
                Hi Rhonda F,

Glad to hear that your husband seems to be doing okay- hopefully the side-effects will go away in time. I am still in the ‘diagnosis’ stage, so just getting used to all of this, but I will battle on…

Kind Regards,

TheGaz1982.

RhondaF
                Participant
                  Praying all will go well with your diagnosis and treatment. Keep us updated here on the forum.

Rhonda

TheGaz1982
                    Participant
                      Hi Rhonda F,

Thank you, I will do.

Kind Regards,

TheGaz1982.

Viewing 3 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics