The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma, GCC and me! 16 and 1 year out – respectively!

Forums General Melanoma Community Melanoma, GCC and me! 16 and 1 year out – respectively!

• Replies
      HeidiZ
      Participant
        Wow, Celeste you sure have been through so much. Thank you so much for keeping it real because we can learn so much from you. Since I’m a stage IV melanoma patient with vitiligo that’s good to know just in case something like that ever happens to me. I would have probably freaked out but now I know it doesn’t mean I have mucosal melanoma too. You help so many people with your blog and I want to say I really appreciate you and all the information you share with all of us. Take care – Heidi
        Bobman
        Participant
          Hey Celeste, what a great blogpost!
          You give a new meaning to “warrior “, and are truly an inspiration to all of us here. You’re knowledge, grace , and strength is nothing short of amazing.
          We’re all lucky to have you in our lives. Keep keeping it real.
          Aloha,
          Bob
          MLD1973
          Participant
            Wow Bubbles, I really do not know wha to say. I am not very good with words, your blog is a amazing as so are you. Thank you for being you xx
            tedtell1
            Participant
              Celeste;
              You are amazing. You are a rock to this community and everyone looks to you and loves hearing from you. I don’t know how many people know that you do answer individual messages as well with the same love and grace. Thanks for all you do!
              Ted
              JudiAU
              Participant
                Well that really sucks. I’m really sorry. What a miserable and stressful experience. Which reminds me, I really need to get a mammogram.

Thank you for sharing with us.

JudiAU
                Participant
                  Well that really sucks. I’m really sorry. What a miserable and stressful experience. Which reminds me, I really need to get a mammogram.

Thank you for sharing with us.

gopher38
                  Participant
                    Never a dull moment in cancer-land. Hope the run went well.
                    Nympha
                    Participant
                      ❤️
                      SABKLYN
                      Participant
                        You are a warrior and whether with your own patients or we on this pirate ship, a healer. You educate, encourage and give all hope. Always positive thoughts and prayers your way and look forward to your next update! Just celebrated year 8 NED and have been inspired by your updates since joining.
                        Regards,
                        Stan
                        lkb
                        Participant
                          Thanks as always for your candor! I have vitiligo too and shall beware the hole punch.
                          Bubbles
                          Participant
                            Thanks for the support guys!! As I noted in John’s post above, knowledge is power. So is humor. If I can share both of those things on the chance that either may help any one of you – then it is more than worth it! Wishing you all my best. Celeste
                            BrianP
                            Participant
                              You know how I tell if I’m reading from a great story/writer? If it makes me laugh or cry or do both at the same time. You my friend are a great writer. Thanks for sharing although I may never be able to see a lily in the same light again. 🙂
                              Affected
                              Participant
                                Celeste,

And here’s to at least another 26 years! T H A N K Y O U for all your support, knowledge, time, and love.

Affected

Viewing 12 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics