The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Melanoma Biopsy

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Melanoma Biopsy

Participant
      Hello everyone,

I went to my yearly check up on Friday and my dermatologist did a shave biopsy for possible melanoma. She told me it’s 80/20 in my favor. I had some previous abnormal moles removed two years ago, pre-cells but nothing too serious. Now she said she didn’t like the way that this one looked. It was suspicious. Needless to say I’ve had shortness of breath since Friday I am sure due to the anxiety regarding all of this. Please share your thoughts and prayers with me. I am a young mom and to even think that this could be positive absolutely breaks my heart.

Thank you all

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Treadlightly
        Participant
          Waiting for a biopsy result can be one of the most stressful and frustrating experiences of life. The best advice I can give you is to try to keep busy and distract yourself as much as possible from your “what if” thoughts. I know…it is a lot easier said than done. Also, avoid all google searches for now. No sense worrying about something that is not even likely to happen. Try to keep your thoughts positive! Seek out things that make you happy and prompt you to laugh!

In the nine years since my initial Melanoma diagnosis, there have been many advances that have improved the prognosis for Melanoma patients. That fact has provided me with comfort and it should provide you comfort as well. Melanoma is more survivable today than ever before. Also, early detection is the best hope for a cure. So you need to seriously congratulate yourself for being so proactive and getting your skin checked and evaluated as you have done.

Best of luck for a negative biopsy result!
          Mark 2A

MelanomaMike
          Participant
            Hi njezna, im Mike nice to meet you, sorry you had to find support here at MRF so early but, it is good your here! Mark just said it best, just relax, keep focused and VERY diligent on your appointments to your Derm doc, look over your Entire body monthly (or weekly) in every nook & cranny. Something tells me youll be ok, and by the way, your Huffy Puffyness your experiencing is most likely Anxiety related, not cancer haha, i have tumors in my lungs and breath just fine!! We humunoids tend to think that every little ailment or “feeling” that pops up has just got to be cancer related! Hahaha…us humans are funny like that….
        Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics