The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Meet Dr. Rosenberg… kind of.

Forums General Melanoma Community Meet Dr. Rosenberg… kind of.

• Replies
      kylez
      Participant

Er… somehow posted this anonymously. Not anonymous… from me.

tschmith
          Participant

I'm in a clincial trial at NIH called MAGE TCR.  My tumors express MAGE.  It's been close to two months since my engineered T-cells were infused back into me.  I believe this is one of the trials that Dr. Rosenberg is talking about. He introduced himself to me at the beginning of the trial during morning rounds.  So far I feel very very fatigued.  I'm a little better than I was when I came home from the hospital, but it's been slow going. My first scans were a month out and showed basically no change. My next scans will be on June 4th.

kylez
            Participant

Hi tschmith,

So you've met him for real. 

I can only imagine the intensity of the IL2 on top of chemo ablation. I hope you have continuing good results on your second scan' and more relief from the fatigue. No change seems like a good place to start. 

Do you have a sense of others' responses on the trial, or how many participants there are so far?

kylez
              Participant

Hi tschmith,

I can only imagine the intensity of the IL2 on top of chemo ablation. I hope you have continuing good results on your second scan' and more relief from the fatigue. No change seems like a good place to start. 

Do you have a sense of others' responses on the trial, or how many participants there are so far?

kylez
                Participant

Hi tschmith,

tschmith
                  Participant

I'm in a clincial trial at NIH called MAGE TCR.  My tumors express MAGE.  It's been close to two months since my engineered T-cells were infused back into me.  I believe this is one of the trials that Dr. Rosenberg is talking about. He introduced himself to me at the beginning of the trial during morning rounds.  So far I feel very very fatigued.  I'm a little better than I was when I came home from the hospital, but it's been slow going. My first scans were a month out and showed basically no change. My next scans will be on June 4th.

tschmith
                    Participant

kylez
                    Participant

kylez
                      Participant

BrianP
                        Participant

Thanks Kyle.  It's interesting to hear a guy that's been battling this disease for decades say he feels like he's just getting started due to this latest break through.  Definitely is an optimistic sign.

Terrie, Good to hear from you.  Hope your fatigue decreases with time.  Stable sounds pretty good for now.  Hopefully your immune system will ramp it up some more for you and start pushing the melanoma into the retreat mode.

Brian

tschmith
                            Participant

Thank you, Brian.  I hope all the above happens too…!  Hope you are doing well.  

tschmith
                              Participant

tschmith
                                Participant

BrianP
                                Participant

Thanks Kyle.  It's interesting to hear a guy that's been battling this disease for decades say he feels like he's just getting started due to this latest break through.  Definitely is an optimistic sign.

Terrie, Good to hear from you.  Hope your fatigue decreases with time.  Stable sounds pretty good for now.  Hopefully your immune system will ramp it up some more for you and start pushing the melanoma into the retreat mode.

Brian

BrianP
                                  Participant

Brian

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics