The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MDA – This Week’s Agenda

Forums General Melanoma Community MDA – This Week’s Agenda

Participant

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Back @ my favorite place (not!) for labs, scans & answers … hopefully 😉

Very eager to get lungs confirmed clear from August scan. I had a PET/CT in Pensacola, early November & it looked good. That would definitely be a good Christmas present for me!

Separately, I'll be trying to get somewhat of a second opinion regarding the right kidney tumor dx'd by the Urological Oncologist @ home. It has been increasing in size, all year. However, Doc wants to 1st do a TURP for my 180g prostate, allow recovery, then take a partial or full kidney in the spring. I don't think MDA would want to do a biopsy (from everything I've read) but I could find myself surprised. Only bummer w/ that is I'm flying solo, this time. My sweet wife needed to stay home w/ the 4 kiddos & a crazy "taxi" schedule. She explicitly told me I was not allowed to have any surgical fun on my own 😉

Anybody here in Houston, this week? It would be great to meet fellow Warriors & encourage one another …

Take care!

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        TexMelanomex
        Participant

Hey Jagstter!

I just got into Houston tonight and will be at MDA tomorrow for most of the day but then heading home later tomorrow. I have an action packed day tomorrow (injections, infusion, labs, etc) but if you see my patch (my avatar on this board) on my pack say howdy! I think I'll be in the Melanoma clinic between 10-12 tomorrow to see Dr. Ross and Dr. Amaria otherwise running around to lab and over to Mays for infusion. Maybe we'll run into each other!

Tex

jagstter
            Participant

Hi Tex,

I'll keep a look out for you … I hope all goes well w/ your labs & infusion. Take care, Tex!

TexMelanomex
              Participant

Hey Jagstter,

Sorry we didn't connect this time around maybe next time. I'm back at MDA in 3 weeks (2 Jan…Happy New Year!!) for the whole process again. I hope everything went smoothly for you. Usually, my appts run like a well oiled machine but this last time I felt like I was running constantly from place to place. Anyway, Merry Christmas and I hope you are doing well!

Tex

Viewing 0 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics