The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mayo in Jax

Forums General Melanoma Community Mayo in Jax

Participant

Has anyone used Mayo in Jacksonville for consults/ and or treatment? I’ve been several times to meet with Dr. Richard Joseph and I have been very happy with the time and attention he has given at the appointments.  Tomorrow I meet with Dr. Stephen Ko, a radiation doc.  Is anyone familiar with him? 

Thanks fellow wonderful strong people 🙂 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Toby0987
        Participant

Dr Markovic-Mayo in Rochester recommended Dr Roxana Dronca as the go to person for melanoma at the Mayo Jacksonville location. I was seen at the Mayo Rochester location since 2013-I’m also 3B (I moved from Minnesota to Florida this year). I haven’t been up there as I’ve been melanoma free since early 2013 and they told me after my 2018 NED appt to not come back unless I have a problem. 

sing123
            Participant

Thanks! I will keep her in mind for next time.

Congrats on the NED status!!!

rosa1
            Participant

Hi Cindy, I've been a patient of Dr. Joseph since 2015, and I've never had any problems with him. Sorry but I don't have any info on Dr. Ko as I had to have radation once but I saw Dr. Jennifer Peterson. She was great. 

Wishing you the best/Rosa

sing123
                Participant

Thank you! Yes, I am really impressed with Dr. Joseph.

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics