The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MariaH here….update on Dave :)

Forums Caregiver Community MariaH here….update on Dave :)

Participant

Since I have not been able to post new topics since the new CAPTCHA, I had to re-register.  Apparently there was something wrong with my original registry.  I had problems since switching over from the old system, so I am starting over…..

Since I have not been able to post new topics since the new CAPTCHA, I had to re-register.  Apparently there was something wrong with my original registry.  I had problems since switching over from the old system, so I am starting over…..

I just wanted to let everybody know that Dave had his first set of scans on Temodar at the end of December.  For the first time since June, he is STABLE!!!!!  Nothing has grown.  We were hoping for shrinkage, but considering how much disease spread he had while doing IL-2, he'll take it.  Nausea and fatigue are his constant companions.

He'll continue on the 42 day course of Temodar, and his next set of scans will be in February.

Best wishes to all the warriors/caregivers out there,

Maria (formerly MariaH)

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        samcanada
        Participant

That is good news! I hope nothing but good news for you and your husband from now on.

samcanada
          Participant

That is good news! I hope nothing but good news for you and your husband from now on.

samcanada
            Participant

Phil S
              Participant
                Maria, So glad you were finally able to post an update, I have been wondering how your husband was doing. So glad to hear he is stable! My husband is also taking temodar but as a part of his biochemo at MDAnderson, he also gets IL2. Phil is doing pretty well so far, so let’s hope that both our guys keep plugging along! I tend to identify with the other caregivers who also have young children, it certainly adds another dimension to this battle. God Bless and continue to keep us posted. Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                Phil S
                Participant
                  Maria, So glad you were finally able to post an update, I have been wondering how your husband was doing. So glad to hear he is stable! My husband is also taking temodar but as a part of his biochemo at MDAnderson, he also gets IL2. Phil is doing pretty well so far, so let’s hope that both our guys keep plugging along! I tend to identify with the other caregivers who also have young children, it certainly adds another dimension to this battle. God Bless and continue to keep us posted. Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                  Phil S
                  Participant
                    lhaley
                    Participant

Great news!    We keep seeing some of these small percentages that work.  One of us is going to be the number!   Keep it going!

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Great news!    We keep seeing some of these small percentages that work.  One of us is going to be the number!   Keep it going!

Linda

lhaley
                        Participant

Linda

CarolA
                          Participant

Maria, I'mjust seeing this post from you.    That was wonderful news.   That new happy word:  stable!!   Good for Dave, going through such an ordeal, it's wonderful for him to have this good news.   I hope that tomorrow's (Wed) appt at Roswell will present itself with further good news.   Prayers and good thoughts are coming south!

CarolA  

CarolA
                            Participant

Maria, I'mjust seeing this post from you.    That was wonderful news.   That new happy word:  stable!!   Good for Dave, going through such an ordeal, it's wonderful for him to have this good news.   I hope that tomorrow's (Wed) appt at Roswell will present itself with further good news.   Prayers and good thoughts are coming south!

CarolA  

CarolA
                              Participant

CarolA  

Viewing 11 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics