The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Malignant Melanoma Market Study – Telephone/Web Interviews -$200

Forums General Melanoma Community Malignant Melanoma Market Study – Telephone/Web Interviews -$200

Participant

We are conducting a global study on malignant Melanoma and seek those diagnosed Stage IIIC or IV that have been treated with medications in the past two years.

The purpose of our study is to understand the full impact of malignant Melanoma on patients and their families, including the physical, emotional and social aspects. The results will assist in developing new treatments in the future.

Interviews are by telephone and web, approximately one hour and may be scheduled between 2/17 and 2/23.

We are conducting a global study on malignant Melanoma and seek those diagnosed Stage IIIC or IV that have been treated with medications in the past two years.

The purpose of our study is to understand the full impact of malignant Melanoma on patients and their families, including the physical, emotional and social aspects. The results will assist in developing new treatments in the future.

Interviews are by telephone and web, approximately one hour and may be scheduled between 2/17 and 2/23.

Participants receive $200  and it can be donated if so wished.

Please respond with interest or questions to contacts below.

Kind Regards,

Jan Mallery-Groom RN

Clinical Research Support Services

+510-922-9710

jmallery@comcast.net

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Those of us who have been treated by surgery also have impacts on our lives. Disfigurement, pain, inability to work etc. It's ashame that your client doesn't "get it" that at this point surgery is for many a better means of surviving.

I realize you are probably working for a drug company and are just doing your job.

Amy Busby
            Participant

I am not sure the purpose of your reply to the initial post.  Of course surgery causes impact on patient's lives.  That's not what's being studied.  The survey has questions that are specifically directed to a certain class of patients who have had certain types of treatments.  That's certainly not a judgement on anyone or any particular treatment.

I have worked for various marketing and / or research companies doing projects for different kinds of companies.  I have found the experiences to be overwhelmingly positive – a chance to offer my experience and give some education to others about melanoma, and a few extra and much needed dollars in my pocket!

Best to you,

Amy

Stage 3 1/03

Stage 4 6/09

Amy Busby
              Participant

I am not sure the purpose of your reply to the initial post.  Of course surgery causes impact on patient's lives.  That's not what's being studied.  The survey has questions that are specifically directed to a certain class of patients who have had certain types of treatments.  That's certainly not a judgement on anyone or any particular treatment.

I have worked for various marketing and / or research companies doing projects for different kinds of companies.  I have found the experiences to be overwhelmingly positive – a chance to offer my experience and give some education to others about melanoma, and a few extra and much needed dollars in my pocket!

Best to you,

Amy

Stage 3 1/03

Stage 4 6/09

Amy Busby
                Participant

Best to you,

Amy

Stage 3 1/03

Stage 4 6/09

Amy Busby
                  Participant

Best to you,

Amy

Stage 3 1/03

Stage 4 6/09

lhaley
                  Participant

Those of us who have been treated by surgery also have impacts on our lives. Disfigurement, pain, inability to work etc. It's ashame that your client doesn't "get it" that at this point surgery is for many a better means of surviving.

I realize you are probably working for a drug company and are just doing your job.

Jerry from Cape Cod
                    Participant

got straight up info from this one.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Jerry from Cape Cod
                      Participant

got straight up info from this one.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics