The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lymph Node – Question about Pain and Location

Forums General Melanoma Community Lymph Node – Question about Pain and Location

Participant

I was recently diagnosed as Stage 1 spitzoid melanoma.  I have been advised by my doctors to keep an eye on my lymph nodes, particularly the ones in my right armpit.  Perhaps it is psychosomatic, but I have random pains in both armpits, but feel no obvious lumps or bumps.  Is there a better way to monitor for this, or signs to look out for that could help?   

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        MarkR
        Participant

Hi

I’ve been in this situation and the random pain is probably being caused by you feeling in your armpits to try and find lumps.  My advice is to try and relax and only check periodically otherwise leave them alone.  It’s really hard to do this and I still struggle myself, but you will know if something is actually wrong as you will feel a firm / hard lump.

best of luck

Mark

MMH
            Participant

Thank you Mark. I really appreciate the insight. All the best to you.

UBContributor
            Participant

Even if they some into the armpits, they will not give your feeling of pain. I am sure you feel them becasue you are pressing them often. All the best! 

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics