The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lymph node

Forums General Melanoma Community Lymph node

Participant

Hi all! 

i think this is my paranoia, but is it common for melanoma to be in the opposite lymph node basin than it was originally found in? Like if mine was micro in one lymph node under my left arm, is it likely to be found under my left arm?   L feel like I am feeling a swollen node under my right arm and am getting all paranoid.  Thanks!

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Happy_girl
        Participant

I realized I said left arm twice.  It was originally found in my sln under left arm.  How likely is it to be found under my right arm? I'm hoping I'm just being super sensitive because my appointment is coming up and I always get paranoid before my appointments.

thanks!!

Janner
            Participant

Where was your primary?  If it was on your arm, then no it is not likely at all to find it under the right side.  If it was on your back or chest, then that is more iffy because lymph fluid from the back/chest can drain to both armpits.  Talk to your doc!

Happy_girl
              Participant

It was on the left side of my back.  I have an appointment in a week.  I will bring it to her attention.  Thank u!

Happy_girl
                Participant

It was on the left side of my back.  I have an appointment in a week.  I will bring it to her attention.  Thank u!

Happy_girl
                  Participant

Janner
                    Participant

Where was your primary?  If it was on your arm, then no it is not likely at all to find it under the right side.  If it was on your back or chest, then that is more iffy because lymph fluid from the back/chest can drain to both armpits.  Talk to your doc!

Janner
                      Participant

Happy_girl
                      Participant

I realized I said left arm twice.  It was originally found in my sln under left arm.  How likely is it to be found under my right arm? I'm hoping I'm just being super sensitive because my appointment is coming up and I always get paranoid before my appointments.

thanks!!

Happy_girl
                        Participant

thanks!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics