The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

lumps and bruising

Forums General Melanoma Community lumps and bruising

Participant

Hello everyone!  I am stage 4, began IPI on May 2nd and had my 2nd on May 24th.  I have been finding bruises with lumps under them, first started showing up after my first infusion and then found more after my 2nd infusion, my doctor told me it is too early to start seeing reactions to the IPI, but I believe that is what I am seeing….I find it hard to believe that just out of the blue these start pooping up….I have read other topics etc.  What have the rest of you experienced, have you experienced this also and how soon did you find these appearing if so…..

Hello everyone!  I am stage 4, began IPI on May 2nd and had my 2nd on May 24th.  I have been finding bruises with lumps under them, first started showing up after my first infusion and then found more after my 2nd infusion, my doctor told me it is too early to start seeing reactions to the IPI, but I believe that is what I am seeing….I find it hard to believe that just out of the blue these start pooping up….I have read other topics etc.  What have the rest of you experienced, have you experienced this also and how soon did you find these appearing if so…..

When I called at first the PA told me this is common and they will go away…so is this the melanoma being found by my immune system and surrounding it, preparing to destroy?  I would sure like to hear from the rest of you on IPI.  I'm not freaking out, but would be more reassured if others have had this happen also. 

Thanks for you time………go IPI go!!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Hi,

I tried to read your profile but you havent created one yet. That would be helpful because it would help us know your history is, what treatments you have done, where your melanoma is, etc.

That being said, I would refer you to read other posts by me (and others) about Ipi side effects. I have written several long and extensive posts about my experience with Ipi and with the side effects that I had. Please do a search on this board, or even go back on the pages on this MPIP forum and look for headings that will lead you to more info on Ipi. Sorry I am not being evasive, just have already written extensively about my experiences with Ipi. Just fyi, I am a complete responder to Ipi.

Good luck and be sure to complete a profile, it will be useful for you so as to get the best responses from this board.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
          Participant

Hi,

I tried to read your profile but you havent created one yet. That would be helpful because it would help us know your history is, what treatments you have done, where your melanoma is, etc.

That being said, I would refer you to read other posts by me (and others) about Ipi side effects. I have written several long and extensive posts about my experience with Ipi and with the side effects that I had. Please do a search on this board, or even go back on the pages on this MPIP forum and look for headings that will lead you to more info on Ipi. Sorry I am not being evasive, just have already written extensively about my experiences with Ipi. Just fyi, I am a complete responder to Ipi.

Good luck and be sure to complete a profile, it will be useful for you so as to get the best responses from this board.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics