The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lump on Neck

Forums General Melanoma Community Lump on Neck

Participant

In the middle of October 2011 sometime I got this small lump under my skin between my colar bone and neck area.  For a long time I thought it was a pimple that I could not get.  That is why I did not say anything to my Onc.  Now it is the last day of December 2011 and the lump is still there and a little bigger.  It is the same color as my skin and is somewhat numb when I try to pinch it.  It is a hard lump that I can grab onto.  It is a little smaller then a pencil eraser.  I am going to call my derm and schedule an appointment to have it looked at a

In the middle of October 2011 sometime I got this small lump under my skin between my colar bone and neck area.  For a long time I thought it was a pimple that I could not get.  That is why I did not say anything to my Onc.  Now it is the last day of December 2011 and the lump is still there and a little bigger.  It is the same color as my skin and is somewhat numb when I try to pinch it.  It is a hard lump that I can grab onto.  It is a little smaller then a pencil eraser.  I am going to call my derm and schedule an appointment to have it looked at and see what he says but I wanted to see if anyone else experienced anything like this.  It is on the same side as my original melanoma.  On the right side. The original melanoma spoke was only about 3 inches away.  Kind of nervous.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        SuzannefromCA
        Participant

Hi Lauri,

I would just have it checked out as soon as you can. I had melanoma in my neck area, just right under the jawline. My primary was on the surface of my eye. When I felt my lump, I went to my gp, hoping that it was something antibiotics could get rid of. A couple of weeks later it was still the same size and had a fine needle biopsy. It was melanoma. I don't want to scare you, but as this disease is so fast and insidious, I would go to the oncologist for peace of mind, and hopefully it is nothing!

~Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
          Participant

Hi Lauri,

I would just have it checked out as soon as you can. I had melanoma in my neck area, just right under the jawline. My primary was on the surface of my eye. When I felt my lump, I went to my gp, hoping that it was something antibiotics could get rid of. A couple of weeks later it was still the same size and had a fine needle biopsy. It was melanoma. I don't want to scare you, but as this disease is so fast and insidious, I would go to the oncologist for peace of mind, and hopefully it is nothing!

~Suzanne

SuzannefromCA
            Participant

Hi Lauri,

~Suzanne

MariaH
              Participant

Hi Lauri,

I think you should see your primary doctor as well.  There are lymph nodes in that area.  It could be related to mel, and it could not.  My husband has had an enlarged lymph node in that same area, and although he is stage IV, this particular node is not mel related.  The body does some strange things, and I hope for you that it's nothing to worry about…

Best wishes,

Maria

MariaH
                Participant

Hi Lauri,

I think you should see your primary doctor as well.  There are lymph nodes in that area.  It could be related to mel, and it could not.  My husband has had an enlarged lymph node in that same area, and although he is stage IV, this particular node is not mel related.  The body does some strange things, and I hope for you that it's nothing to worry about…

Best wishes,

Maria

MariaH
                  Participant

Hi Lauri,

Best wishes,

Maria

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics