The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Low Vitamin D after melanoma removed 3 yrs prior

Forums General Melanoma Community Low Vitamin D after melanoma removed 3 yrs prior

Participant

Is it me or is this kinda ironic?

I get melanoma from too much sun, have it removed, and now I am very careful about sun exposure. Now 3 yrs later I end up with crazy low vitamin d….

Annoying!

Anyone else have this issue? Is it common?

Thanks!

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        tcell
        Participant

Low vitamin D levels are generally common. Too much vitamin D is no good either. There are studies that try to relate low vitamin D levels with a worse prognosis for melanoma patients. Ironically low vitamin D levels can be caused by good sun protection.

however,. i take vitamin D as a supplement which is no problem at all.

tcell
          Participant

Low vitamin D levels are generally common. Too much vitamin D is no good either. There are studies that try to relate low vitamin D levels with a worse prognosis for melanoma patients. Ironically low vitamin D levels can be caused by good sun protection.

tcell
            Participant

Jewels07
              Participant
                I’ve had low Vit D levels at my last 2 physicals and have now been diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma. There must be some link with the 2.
                  Ginger8888
                  Participant

I also had low Vit D levels several years ago and was diagnosed with Melanoma in Jan 2014

oldblue
                    Participant

I'm aware of studies in Sydney, Australia attempting to link low vit D levels to melanoma incidence. It seems to be routine here to test all melanoma patients' vit D levels.

Best,

Nigel.

oldblue
                      Participant

I'm aware of studies in Sydney, Australia attempting to link low vit D levels to melanoma incidence. It seems to be routine here to test all melanoma patients' vit D levels.

Best,

Nigel.

oldblue
                        Participant

Best,

Nigel.

Ginger8888
                          Participant

I also had low Vit D levels several years ago and was diagnosed with Melanoma in Jan 2014

Ginger8888
                            Participant

Jewels07
                            Participant
                              I’ve had low Vit D levels at my last 2 physicals and have now been diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma. There must be some link with the 2.
                              Jewels07
                              Participant
                            Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics