The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Low Cal Crustless Pumpkin Pie Thanksgiving is coming- low cal recipes

Forums General Melanoma Community Low Cal Crustless Pumpkin Pie Thanksgiving is coming- low cal recipes

Participant

Yep, as BarbieGirl  mentioned below–NO ONE is visiting the site these days… so this recipe is for the 405 or so  NEW people who visited to look at DanT's post or the  NEW 359+ who read some of the other posts. I'm certain all of these NEW  winkpeople can enjoy 65 calorie pumpkin pie!

Yep, as BarbieGirl  mentioned below–NO ONE is visiting the site these days… so this recipe is for the 405 or so  NEW people who visited to look at DanT's post or the  NEW 359+ who read some of the other posts. I'm certain all of these NEW  winkpeople can enjoy 65 calorie pumpkin pie! I  miss all the past posters who NEVER COME HERE ANYMORE but I'll not be responsible for them porking up over Thanksgiving because THEY NEVER VISIT THIS SITE ! Anyhoo…

I love love love Pumpkin pie…but it's very high calorie…this is tasty and I don't feel bad when everyone else is eating their pie.  If you are lazy ( like me) and you forget to make this you can whip up a batch of something else pumpkiney and have that instead…recipes follow the one below.

Crustless Pumpkin Pie  (65 calories a slice, UNDER .05g fat- 1WW point)

1 15oz can pure pumpkin, 1 12oz can evaporated fat free milk, 1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute ( like Egg Beaters Original), 3/4 cup Splenda granulated, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice.

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Place mixture in a baking dish ( 8×8) sprayed lightly with nonstick spray and bake in the oven for 45 minutes. It will remain a bit soft, like a pie filling)  You can it it hot or cold, but I like it a bit more firm so I chill thoroughly. Cut into 9 pieces. I always cover it with Fat Free RediWhip ( 2tbls have 5 calories)  or even the Regular Redi Whip ( 2 Tbls have 15 calories).

LAST MINUTE PUMPKIN PIE SUBSTITUTES:

1. Mix Fat Free Cool Whip with pure pumpkin add pumpkin spice. You have to decide the mixture consistency. Start with a little pumpkin and work your way up. VERY LOW CALORIE and I think it tastes wonderful…even the regular Cool Whip if you are in a pinch. I also use this as a dip for graham cracker sticks for the appetizer platter…I know there is something there for me. You can use fat free cream cheese, too . I use celery for the cream cheese pumpkin mix for myself.

2. Mix a fat free vanilla pudding ( or the sugar free one) OR the 100 calorie regular pudding with 1/2 cup of pure pumpkin. Mix in pumpkin pie spice ( or just the cinnamon or nutmeg ).

PUMPKIN CAKE/BREAD — Lower Calorie and easy

One 18.25 oz box moist SPICE CAKE mix

One 15 oz. can pure pumpkin

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine two ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly— batter will be VERY thick and transfer into the baking pan of your choice( as shown on box) that has been sprayed with PAM. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Refer to the cake mix box for pan size and approximate baking times.  You can also make this with Devils Food  cake mix …but the spice is very Pumpkin compatible. Other flavor cake mixes do no work out as well. You can frost this with Cool Whip if need be or spread with flavored butter, maybe a cream cheese/cool whip mix or a little Redi Whip on the side.

PUMPKIN PIE  with CRUST (!) and only 133 calories!

Crust: 2 cups Fiber One bran cereal ( original)- ground in blender or food processor to crumb like consistency, 1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread ( Smart Balance Light or I use Brummel and Brown Yogurt Spread)  , 3 Tbsp Splenda, 1 tsp cinnamon

Filling: 1 15oz can pure pumpkin, 1 12 oz. can evaporated fat-free milk, 1/2 cup fat free liquid egg substitute (eggbeaters original), 3/4 cup granulated Splenda, 1/4 cup sugar free pancake syrup, 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/8 tsp salt.

Preheat oven to 350. In small microwave bowl, combine butter with 2TBSP water. Micro until just melted and set aside. In medium bowl combine processed Fiber One with butter and remaining crust ingredients. Stir till well mixed. Spray a 9 inch pie plate lightly with PAM. Evenly distribute crumb mix  and firmly press to form crust. Press it into the edges and up along the sides of dish.

In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients. Mix well and pour into crust. Filling may be taller than crust…but it falls – it's ok. Bake for 45 minutes. Allow the pie to cool slightly and then Refrigerate overnight. 133 calories and 3 g fat.

Pumpkin Cheesecake— 160 calories a slice

Crust: Crust: 2 cups Fiber One bran cereal ( original)- ground in blender or food processor to crumb like consistency, 1/4 cup light whipped butter or light buttery spread ( Smart Balance Light or I use Brummel and Brown Yogurt Spread)  , 3 Tbsp Splenda, 1 tsp cinnamon

Filling: 32 oz. fat-free cream cheese, room temperature, 1cup fat free Egg Beaters Original, 1 cup canned pure pumpkin, 1 cup Splenda granulated, 1/4 cup light brown sugar ( not packed), 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice.

Topping: 3/4 cup fat free sour cream, 1/4 cup Splenda granulated, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.

Preheat to 325 degree.  In small microwave bowl, combine butter with 2TBSP water. Micro until just melted and set aside. In medium bowl combine processed Fiber One with butter and remaining crust ingredients. Stir till well mixed. Spray a 9 inch wide SPRINGFORM pie pan lightly with PAM. Evenly distribute crumb mix  and firmly press to form crust on bottom of pan.  

In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients using an electric mixer on medium speed until completely blended and lump-free. Pour into springform pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes, until set. Allow to chill in fridge for at least 3-4 hours overnight is best. Once pie has chilled, carefully release and remove springform top. In a small bowl, mix all topping ingredients together until thoroughly blended. Spread evenly over pie. Return to fridge until set. 12 servings. 160 calories and 3.25 g fat.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        dian in spokane
        Participant

dayum..this sounds awful.

howzit taste?

TinaR
            Participant

I'm not certain which recipe you are wondering about…but when you are concerned about calories and you've made the change consistently- you learn to put up with a lot. You can't compare high calorie food to low calorie- it's not good for your diet 😉   I have certain standards for low cal…no weird smell, consistency or after-taste.   I don't mind any of the recipes as long as I can put RediWhip on them. If I didn't know the calorie count of the entire can worked out to…I'd keep piling the cream on until it was empty.

I really like pumpkin, so most of it tastes ok to me and I really I LOVE  high calorie stuff, but that's not the point of diet food ;). The pumpkin mixed with pudding/cream cheese or Cool Whip is pretty good. The spice cake / pumpkin is too…especially as you just have it with coffee as you would pound cake.

Dian, I  mean it…the casserole is good. I wouldn't make it otherwise. My family HATES everything…they're picky picky picky and they LOVE it. They HATE casseroles.  Do you like REGULAR Shepherd's Pie? Do you like Beef Stew? Do you ever cook meat with fruit? It isn't bad, really. I wouldn't lie to you!

dian in spokane
              Participant

I just can't imagine trying to make a 'healthy' Thanksgiving dinner

wink

dian in spokane
                Participant

I just can't imagine trying to make a 'healthy' Thanksgiving dinner

wink

TinaR
                  Participant

I'm not certain which recipe you are wondering about…but when you are concerned about calories and you've made the change consistently- you learn to put up with a lot. You can't compare high calorie food to low calorie- it's not good for your diet 😉   I have certain standards for low cal…no weird smell, consistency or after-taste.   I don't mind any of the recipes as long as I can put RediWhip on them. If I didn't know the calorie count of the entire can worked out to…I'd keep piling the cream on until it was empty.

I really like pumpkin, so most of it tastes ok to me and I really I LOVE  high calorie stuff, but that's not the point of diet food ;). The pumpkin mixed with pudding/cream cheese or Cool Whip is pretty good. The spice cake / pumpkin is too…especially as you just have it with coffee as you would pound cake.

Dian, I  mean it…the casserole is good. I wouldn't make it otherwise. My family HATES everything…they're picky picky picky and they LOVE it. They HATE casseroles.  Do you like REGULAR Shepherd's Pie? Do you like Beef Stew? Do you ever cook meat with fruit? It isn't bad, really. I wouldn't lie to you!

dian in spokane
                  Participant

dayum..this sounds awful.

howzit taste?

Viewing 1 reply thread
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics