The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Loss of sensation in toe next to WLE site – is this what a local met feels like or am I worrying about nothing?

Forums General Melanoma Community Loss of sensation in toe next to WLE site – is this what a local met feels like or am I worrying about nothing?

Participant

Hi all,

I am hoping this is one of the usual worries about nothing but I have not been feeling great recently with a lingering cough (which I get every year – postviral asthma), and over the past week or so have noticed that the inside of my third toe has lost sensation, is numb, and is annoying me.  On my other foot I wouldn't be worried but the WLE scar is on the dorsum of my foot only afew cm away.  There is nothing else obviously wrong with this toe.  I cant remember kicking it or anything like that. It is always possible though.

My question is, has anybody ever had this type of loss of sensation in a local met?  I am probably being extremely anxious (and hope I am!).  I have just had another mole off last week and waiting for those results.  Afew weeks before that one came back atypical.  I haven't been worried, mostly about this toe!

Thanks for your help

Jacqui

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        NancyM
        Participant

It might just be a neuropathy in your foot (it comes and goes with me).  I'd see if your GP would refer you to a podiatrist or an orthopedic surgeon.  If the WLE were to cause nerve damage, I would think it would have been a problem from the time of surgery.  But I'm not a doctor.  Take good care.

NancyM
          Participant

It might just be a neuropathy in your foot (it comes and goes with me).  I'd see if your GP would refer you to a podiatrist or an orthopedic surgeon.  If the WLE were to cause nerve damage, I would think it would have been a problem from the time of surgery.  But I'm not a doctor.  Take good care.

NancyM
            Participant

JulieW
              Participant

I lost sensation on the inside of my left thigh after a left side going resection and WLE. Doctor said it was normal. Mine never completely came back though after 11 years

JulieW
                Participant

I lost sensation on the inside of my left thigh after a left side going resection and WLE. Doctor said it was normal. Mine never completely came back though after 11 years

JulieW
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics