The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Looks like we’ll have to wait and see

Forums General Melanoma Community Looks like we’ll have to wait and see

Participant

My daughter just got word today that she missed out on the ipi arm of the trial. The good news was that the all the scans and tests were clear, the bad news was that they want her to start interferon Monday morning. That's not going to happen. Only 10 days left to find a trial. The process stinks.

Watching and waiting.

My daughter just got word today that she missed out on the ipi arm of the trial. The good news was that the all the scans and tests were clear, the bad news was that they want her to start interferon Monday morning. That's not going to happen. Only 10 days left to find a trial. The process stinks.

Watching and waiting.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Becky
        Participant
          Hi Brad
          My son is around the same age as your daughter I believe. Interferon was all that was offered and that is what he did. It was not an easy year but he managed to go to college full time and graduate. That being said I understand why you decided against it.
          Hang in there! I know what you are going through

Becky

Becky
          Participant
            Hi Brad
            My son is around the same age as your daughter I believe. Interferon was all that was offered and that is what he did. It was not an easy year but he managed to go to college full time and graduate. That being said I understand why you decided against it.

Becky

Becky
            Participant
              Hi Brad

Becky

LynnLuc
              Participant
                  bradcope1
                  Participant

Thanks you. We got our second opinion at Moffitt, and they agreed that the Ipi/interferon trial was our best course of action. From reading this forum, we had a feeling the real odds of getting ipi in this trial were less than 50-50, knowing that a lot of people entering this trial would bail if they got the interferon arm.

LynnLuc
                    Participant

Can she get into the anti pd 1 trial ? Moffitt has a few. I am in one. I was made surgically NED in March 26, 2010. They are hoping Anti PD 1 may do more than IPI may. Its all new frontier…

bradcope1
                      Participant

Thanks for the input,

Looks like she needs to be Stage 3b unresected to get into the anti PD 1 study. Wish we could try it, because it does look promising. Our oncologist says we are out of options for now although we keep looking. Hoping that that will change in the near future, without disease progression, of course, to get to do it.

bradcope1
                        Participant

Thanks for the input,

Looks like she needs to be Stage 3b unresected to get into the anti PD 1 study. Wish we could try it, because it does look promising. Our oncologist says we are out of options for now although we keep looking. Hoping that that will change in the near future, without disease progression, of course, to get to do it.

bradcope1
                          Participant

Thanks for the input,

LynnLuc
                            Participant

Can she get into the anti pd 1 trial ? Moffitt has a few. I am in one. I was made surgically NED in March 26, 2010. They are hoping Anti PD 1 may do more than IPI may. Its all new frontier…

LynnLuc
                              Participant

bradcope1
                                Participant

Thanks you. We got our second opinion at Moffitt, and they agreed that the Ipi/interferon trial was our best course of action. From reading this forum, we had a feeling the real odds of getting ipi in this trial were less than 50-50, knowing that a lot of people entering this trial would bail if they got the interferon arm.

bradcope1
                                  Participant

LynnLuc
                                  Participant
                                    LynnLuc
                                    Participant
                                  Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics