The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Looking for Weber PD1 (1106) patients

Forums General Melanoma Community Looking for Weber PD1 (1106) patients

Participant

I am considering doing a trial with Weber at Moffitt (PD1 + antibody – 1106). I only know of 1 person on it right now. If anyone else is on it and willing to share please write back. Thanks.

I am considering doing a trial with Weber at Moffitt (PD1 + antibody – 1106). I only know of 1 person on it right now. If anyone else is on it and willing to share please write back. Thanks.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        rbruce
        Participant

I'm not on the trial, but can you post a link to the trial? 

Thanks,

Robert

rbruce
          Participant

I'm not on the trial, but can you post a link to the trial? 

Thanks,

Robert

Bubbles
            Participant
              I am on the study you refer to, first cohort, resected. There is a sister study with non resected patients. This is a Phase 1 clinical trial so the goal is to find the dosage that is most effective with least side effects. Comparison with other drugs will come later. Therefore, you are taking drugs that have been used with few human subjects, but you are certain to get the med. There are to be three cohorts with three doses of anti-PD1 (1, 3, and 10mg/kg) infused every 2 weeks for 6 months, then every 3 months for a total of 2 years. Peptide vaccines (6 of them) are injected at each of your every 2 week visits. Scans are every 3 months with meds to follow if you remain NED. As far as l know they are enrolling patients into the 3mg/kg cohort at this time. The 10mg/kg group will only start depending on how the prior group tolerates the med. For more about me you can check the bio here. For my history and stories of the 9 months on the trial check: chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com
                boot2aboot
                Participant

it's a good study but, you have to be HLA 2 to get on it…i didnt qualify

boots

boot2aboot
                  Participant

it's a good study but, you have to be HLA 2 to get on it…i didnt qualify

boots

LynnLuc
                    Participant

I envy your energy! I just completed my second Booster…I am working full-time but I can't even think about running! NED since March 26, 2010- Continued success!!

LynnLuc
                      Participant

I envy your energy! I just completed my second Booster…I am working full-time but I can't even think about running! NED since March 26, 2010- Continued success!!

Bubbles
                      Participant
                        I am on the study you refer to, first cohort, resected. There is a sister study with non resected patients. This is a Phase 1 clinical trial so the goal is to find the dosage that is most effective with least side effects. Comparison with other drugs will come later. Therefore, you are taking drugs that have been used with few human subjects, but you are certain to get the med. There are to be three cohorts with three doses of anti-PD1 (1, 3, and 10mg/kg) infused every 2 weeks for 6 months, then every 3 months for a total of 2 years. Peptide vaccines (6 of them) are injected at each of your every 2 week visits. Scans are every 3 months with meds to follow if you remain NED. As far as l know they are enrolling patients into the 3mg/kg cohort at this time. The 10mg/kg group will only start depending on how the prior group tolerates the med. For more about me you can check the bio here. For my history and stories of the 9 months on the trial check: chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com
                        Bubbles
                        Participant
                          Yes, the HLA typing is an important point for access to this study. That is due to the vaccine component, not the anti-PD1. I am sorry for those who were not allowed in because of that. It is a tough trial. For me two days travel with each treatment has added to its challenges. However, l have worked full time throughout as an NP, missing only 2 days of work while on the study. Hang in there. Wishing each of you the very best.
                          Bubbles
                          Participant
                            Yes, the HLA typing is an important point for access to this study. That is due to the vaccine component, not the anti-PD1. I am sorry for those who were not allowed in because of that. It is a tough trial. For me two days travel with each treatment has added to its challenges. However, l have worked full time throughout as an NP, missing only 2 days of work while on the study. Hang in there. Wishing each of you the very best.
                        Viewing 5 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics