The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Looking for mole mapping in West Los Angeles.

Forums General Melanoma Community Looking for mole mapping in West Los Angeles.

Participant

I just had my second wide excision in a decade.  While my first lesion was an in situ, this one was a Stage 1A, and my surgeon also recommended a SNB due to the presence of some regression and the fact that this lesion regrew at a previous biopsy site in only 6 months time.

I was unbelievably relieved to find out that my pathology on both the wide excision and SNB came back negative.  However, I am now completely paranoid and want to do whatever I can to make sure that I am as vigilant against future problems as I can be. 

I just had my second wide excision in a decade.  While my first lesion was an in situ, this one was a Stage 1A, and my surgeon also recommended a SNB due to the presence of some regression and the fact that this lesion regrew at a previous biopsy site in only 6 months time.

I was unbelievably relieved to find out that my pathology on both the wide excision and SNB came back negative.  However, I am now completely paranoid and want to do whatever I can to make sure that I am as vigilant against future problems as I can be. 

Has anyone in the L.A. area had photographic mole mapping professionally done? If so, where did you do it?  Did you continue to follow up with your regular derm, or did you switch to someone who does the mole mapping?  I would like to stay with my current derm, but since she does not offer mole mapping, I would lke to find a way to have her incorporate the technology into her exams.  Any insight as to cost?

Thanks for any advice or input you can give me.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bob B.
        Participant

I'm looking for the same thing in San Diego County.   If not, in Los Angeles.

If you have further information, please let me know.  Thanks much!

Cynaburst
            Participant

I just found out that my dermatologist now has the technology to do this.  She hadn;t before.  She told me that before they had the computer program that they recently purchased, she used to send people to St. Joseph Hospital in Orange County.  She says that they have a melanoma program that does full body photography.  She says that they provide the patient with printed photographs to take to their dermatologist and to use at home.  Let me know if you go and how it works out.

Here is the info.:

ST. JOSEPH HOSPITAL

MELANOMA PROGRAM

1000 W. La Veta Ave., Orange, CA 92868

http://www.sjo.org/melanoma

1-800-973-MOLE (6653)

Bob B.
              Participant

Another mole mapping location in Southern California to check out:   The Pigmented Lesion Clinic in San Diego is directed by a dermatologist Phd, one of six members of the highly regarded Melanoma Section at Moores Cancer Clinic, UCSD.

http://health.ucsd.edu/UCSD_MD/Results/Pages/results.aspx?&last=&first=&specialty=310&location=&gender

The Pigmented Lesion Clinic claims to have "the only such program in the Southern California area".   (?)

Many dermatologists continue to be faithful to full body visual scans.   While mole mapping, digital dermoscopy seems to me like 'the future'.  

Comments about which is best, and under which circumstances?  Thanks.

Bob B.
                Participant

Another mole mapping location in Southern California to check out:   The Pigmented Lesion Clinic in San Diego is directed by a dermatologist Phd, one of six members of the highly regarded Melanoma Section at Moores Cancer Clinic, UCSD.

http://health.ucsd.edu/UCSD_MD/Results/Pages/results.aspx?&last=&first=&specialty=310&location=&gender

The Pigmented Lesion Clinic claims to have "the only such program in the Southern California area".   (?)

Many dermatologists continue to be faithful to full body visual scans.   While mole mapping, digital dermoscopy seems to me like 'the future'.  

Bob B.
                  Participant

Cynaburst
                    Participant

I just found out that my dermatologist now has the technology to do this.  She hadn;t before.  She told me that before they had the computer program that they recently purchased, she used to send people to St. Joseph Hospital in Orange County.  She says that they have a melanoma program that does full body photography.  She says that they provide the patient with printed photographs to take to their dermatologist and to use at home.  Let me know if you go and how it works out.

Here is the info.:

ST. JOSEPH HOSPITAL

MELANOMA PROGRAM

1-800-973-MOLE (6653)

Cynaburst
                      Participant

Here is the info.:

ST. JOSEPH HOSPITAL

MELANOMA PROGRAM

1-800-973-MOLE (6653)

Bob B.
                      Participant

Bob B.
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics