The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Looking for financial assistance programs/charity organizations in Europe; we need help to pay the Yervoy treatment of my sister

Forums General Melanoma Community Looking for financial assistance programs/charity organizations in Europe; we need help to pay the Yervoy treatment of my sister

Participant

My sister was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma in April 2012 . She had a limphnode surgery in her left arm. Over summer melanoma came back. and meanwhile doctors found another metastasis in her hip. She experienced four months of the most awful pains I have ever sow and she was close to die. In September 2012. Zelboraf saved her and gave her another valuable 10 months. She went back to the university where she is teaching and had almost a normal life again.

My sister was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma in April 2012 . She had a limphnode surgery in her left arm. Over summer melanoma came back. and meanwhile doctors found another metastasis in her hip. She experienced four months of the most awful pains I have ever sow and she was close to die. In September 2012. Zelboraf saved her and gave her another valuable 10 months. She went back to the university where she is teaching and had almost a normal life again.

Now, the zelboraf is not working anymore. The tumor from her arm is growing fast and her oncologist recommended Yervoy and radiotherapy. We are again in a bad situation, because the insurance provider is not covering these expensive treatments in Romania. Her previous treatment with zelboraf was possible due the humanitarian campaign organized by her colleagues at University of Bucharest. Although the campaign continues, we do not have big hopes that this time it will bring enough funds to cover her treatment with Yervoy.

I spent some time looking for charity organizations and foundations that are financially assisting patients with cancer, but I found nothing for Europe.Do you know any Financial Assistance Program in Europe or any Charity Foundation granting patients in Europe too? What I have found on internet is granting patients in USA , but I did not find anything similar for Europe. If they are also active in Europe, I would like to write them and to apply for funds if she is elligible. I sow that Bristol Myers has a financial assistance program but not running in Europe, and for sure not in Romania..

Here is the fundraising campaign for my sister, please have a look : ….//media.unibuc.ro/salvam-un-profesor-salvam-generatii/second-stage-of-treatment-the-campaign-we-save-a-professor-we-save-generations-at-10-months-of-treatment  Please share the link with anybody you think is in the position to help us or to gave us a good idea about how we can access the treatment with Yervoy for my sister. Any advise is welcome!

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        Violet
        Participant

the link again:

//media.unibuc.ro/salvam-un-profesor-salvam-generatii/second-stage-of-treatment-the-campaign-we-save-a-professor-we-save-generations-at-10-months-of-treatment

CharlotteCrockett
            Participant

Fighting with an incurable disease can be little easy with the assistance of social organization like Regionalbikurcholim. Such organization may act as a mediator between the patient and the hospital in making things easy for the victim. They offer financial aid to patient for their economical support along with the emotional guidance to overcome the situation. We should share such experience so anyone doesn’t compromise in expensive diagnose or treatment due to financial issues.

CharlotteCrockett
              Participant

Fighting with an incurable disease can be little easy with the assistance of social organization like Regionalbikurcholim. Such organization may act as a mediator between the patient and the hospital in making things easy for the victim. They offer financial aid to patient for their economical support along with the emotional guidance to overcome the situation. We should share such experience so anyone doesn’t compromise in expensive diagnose or treatment due to financial issues.

CharlotteCrockett
                Participant

Violet
                Participant

the link again:

//media.unibuc.ro/salvam-un-profesor-salvam-generatii/second-stage-of-treatment-the-campaign-we-save-a-professor-we-save-generations-at-10-months-of-treatment

Violet
                  Participant

the link again:

POW
                    Participant

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any international assistance programs for cancer treatments. You might post your question on the Melanoma International Foundation forum– they have a lot of European members who might be able to help you.

POW
                      Participant

Unfortunately, I am not aware of any international assistance programs for cancer treatments. You might post your question on the Melanoma International Foundation forum– they have a lot of European members who might be able to help you.

POW
                        Participant

Violet
                          Participant

Dear POW, thanks a lot for your mesage. I already got  in contact with people from MIF as you suggested and I received some good advices. Thanks again and I hope all the best for everybody here.

Violet
                            Participant

Dear POW, thanks a lot for your mesage. I already got  in contact with people from MIF as you suggested and I received some good advices. Thanks again and I hope all the best for everybody here.

Violet
                              Participant

Viewing 6 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics