The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Longterm Zelboraf Users

Forums General Melanoma Community Longterm Zelboraf Users

Participant

Been on Zelboraf since 9/12/2011.Are there any patients with a long history taking the drug out there?Bee  working as a miracle drug for me with  just nuicance side effects. What side effects have others had? Thanks for input

Been on Zelboraf since 9/12/2011.Are there any patients with a long history taking the drug out there?Bee  working as a miracle drug for me with  just nuicance side effects. What side effects have others had? Thanks for input

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Richard_K
        Participant
          I will shortly be completing my 23rd month on Zelboraf. Please forgive me for being lazy but I am currently away from my computer and I’m responding on my phone. I recently posted my side effects on a thread titled “Zelboraf” started by Kellie-T on Jan. 26th.
          Continued good luck to you.
          Dick
            shadowace
            Participant

i have been on Zelboraf since November of 2013 & still on it, currently NED because of this and my new ways of taking care of me, if your still on this i would like to hear about, doesnt seem to be much info about long term use of this medication,,ty   MIKE

Richard_K
            Participant
              I will shortly be completing my 23rd month on Zelboraf. Please forgive me for being lazy but I am currently away from my computer and I’m responding on my phone. I recently posted my side effects on a thread titled “Zelboraf” started by Kellie-T on Jan. 26th.
              Dick
              Richard_K
              Participant
                Dick
                Lisa – Aust
                Participant

Hi there

My partner Craig has been on it for a year now and is also having great results. He started with 2 small tumours, one in rib and one in abdomen. The one in the abdomen is not visible on scans anymore and the one on the rib seems to have also 'gone' but still shows on scans due to the healing process in the bone.

The side effects were definitely worse at the start, but not unbearable. Achey joints, tender feet, fatigue etc, but the effects settled quite quickly and are not even noticable now. I guess like you are saying, more of a nuisance than anything else.

Craig also juices everyday and tries to stay as healthy as possible – exercises, eats well etc, not sure if its contributing to his good results but it cant hurt! He looks and feels fantastic.

Anyway, hope that helps, good luck with it all, let me know if you have anymore q's

Lisa

laurieformike
                    Participant

So nice to hear something good about Zelboraf, my husband has been on Zelboraf for about 4 months now, he got good news last Friday. His Pet scan the week before 1/ 27 was great, most all the mets have shrunk alot. I so pray the Zelboraf keeps working. He has not had a easy time with the side affects. He's now on the smallest does 2pills twice a day. So nice to hear others are doing good on Zelboraf, gives me hope for him. Right now he's still dealing with the side affects of WBR he had that ended 12/23, not eating well and sleeps alot. But we got good news last week!!

laurieformike
                      Participant

So nice to hear something good about Zelboraf, my husband has been on Zelboraf for about 4 months now, he got good news last Friday. His Pet scan the week before 1/ 27 was great, most all the mets have shrunk alot. I so pray the Zelboraf keeps working. He has not had a easy time with the side affects. He's now on the smallest does 2pills twice a day. So nice to hear others are doing good on Zelboraf, gives me hope for him. Right now he's still dealing with the side affects of WBR he had that ended 12/23, not eating well and sleeps alot. But we got good news last week!!

laurieformike
                        Participant

Lisa – Aust
                        Participant

Hi there

My partner Craig has been on it for a year now and is also having great results. He started with 2 small tumours, one in rib and one in abdomen. The one in the abdomen is not visible on scans anymore and the one on the rib seems to have also 'gone' but still shows on scans due to the healing process in the bone.

The side effects were definitely worse at the start, but not unbearable. Achey joints, tender feet, fatigue etc, but the effects settled quite quickly and are not even noticable now. I guess like you are saying, more of a nuisance than anything else.

Craig also juices everyday and tries to stay as healthy as possible – exercises, eats well etc, not sure if its contributing to his good results but it cant hurt! He looks and feels fantastic.

Anyway, hope that helps, good luck with it all, let me know if you have anymore q's

Lisa

Lisa – Aust
                          Participant

Hi there

Lisa

deardad
                            Participant

Hi my dad in now on this 5th cycle. His lost a lot hair on his head and nearly all his body hair. Joint pain moves around from day to day but it's definately bearable. Extreme sun sensitivity as well. To be honest there are not that many long term responders that post here, so you always need to have a plan B.

Take care and hope you continue to respond.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                              Participant

Hi my dad in now on this 5th cycle. His lost a lot hair on his head and nearly all his body hair. Joint pain moves around from day to day but it's definately bearable. Extreme sun sensitivity as well. To be honest there are not that many long term responders that post here, so you always need to have a plan B.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

Viewing 8 reply threads
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics