The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Liver Nodule

Forums General Melanoma Community Liver Nodule

Participant

Brief history (I have completed a profile): Nodular melanoma in October of 2010, WLE and SNB (negative for spread).  Staged 1B.

Brief history (I have completed a profile): Nodular melanoma in October of 2010, WLE and SNB (negative for spread).  Staged 1B.

In October of 2012, I was preparing for a complete hysterectomy, and because of the issues I was having, a CT scan was ordered, which did not show any abnormalities on my liver or lungs.  Forward to last week (August 2013), after having appendicitis symptoms, a CT scan was done which ruled out appendicits, however it found a small nodule on my liver and some type of scarring in the lower lobe of my right lung.  I did have pneumonia in that lung earlier this year, so I'm not getting to excited about that.  The liver nodule has me somewhat concerned.  It was small enough the radiologist was unable to 'characterize' it, but suggested it could be a cyst.  The doctor (who is a general practitioner) that I had to see doesn't seem concerned, but did suggest I should have another scan in 6 months to see if there are any changes.

I did meet with an oncologist after my melanoma diagnosis as a precaution, but only see my dermatologist on a regular basis now.  I'm wondering if I am being paranoid, or should I contact the oncologist about the results of this CT scan?

Shelley

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

The best answer is do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.  If you are going to see the Onc have the CT scans sent to him in advance.  What I would do personally is see if I could have the scans move up a little, 3-4 months repeat.  I would doubt if there is anything to worry about but it's not worth taking chances about.

Good Luck,

Mary

Stage 3a

washoegal
          Participant

The best answer is do whatever makes you feel the most comfortable.  If you are going to see the Onc have the CT scans sent to him in advance.  What I would do personally is see if I could have the scans move up a little, 3-4 months repeat.  I would doubt if there is anything to worry about but it's not worth taking chances about.

Good Luck,

Mary

Stage 3a

washoegal
            Participant

Good Luck,

Mary

Stage 3a

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Agree, Mary

shelbug66
                Participant

Thanks both of you for your advice.  I'm seeing my gyn on some of the other issues I was having that prompted this CT in the first place, we'll see what he thinks as well.

Shelley

shelbug66
                  Participant

Thanks both of you for your advice.  I'm seeing my gyn on some of the other issues I was having that prompted this CT in the first place, we'll see what he thinks as well.

Shelley

shelbug66
                    Participant

Shelley

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Agree, Mary

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Agree, Mary

Viewing 6 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics