The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Liver Enzymes going crazy again

Forums General Melanoma Community Liver Enzymes going crazy again

Participant
      So … my last IPI/NIVO infusion sent my liver enzymes flying, (kind of figured that was going to happen.) I am supposed to start my Nivo maintenance infusions again tomorrow. I speak to the Dr today to find out what he wants me to do.
      One of the things I am noticing is my mind is having a few issues. I didn’t know where I was for a while, very confused and disoriented. Luckily this happened at home, as I work at a prison, (not a good place for this to happen)
      It has happened a few times now, so the Dr is having me do a brain MRI tomorrow to make sure nothing has changed… hopefully it is just the liver acting up.
      I am staying positive, really want to keep working.
      Here we go, another hill to climb!!

Thank you for your support as always!

Tyais
      diagnosed April 2017 stage 3c, NIVO 11 months, NED until Dec 2018, Stage 4 metastasized to liver and lungs, Jan 2019 started IPI/NIVO combo

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Happygal
        Participant
          Spoke with the Dr and he is taking me off of the infusions indefinitely. My liver is just not taking so well to it anymore. I had no reactions, or side effects the first round, but it also progressed while I was on the Nivo. The combo infusion definitely got it kicked in and started. But now it is affecting my liver so he decided because the Nivo really never did anything in the first place and is likely to do the same again…. no more.

I will continue to do weekly blood work, see him again in 3 weeks and get another CT scan in 3-4 weeks. It feels weird to not be doing anything else, but I am still doing my 1-1 CBD/THC and dandelion root tincture to keep up what I can control.
          Hopefully brain is clear… (haha)
          Keep on thriving!!!!

guynamedbilly
            Participant
              I know exactly what you mean about not doing anything at the moment, as that’s what I was facing a month and a half ago. I finished all four IPI/Nivo doses and had some positive response and some progression also, but luckily my liver made it through fine. I had already finished a year of Nivo alone and had progressed on it. Fortunately for us, the effect of the immunotherapy is durable and will keep working for long after getting the infusion. I’ve since gone for a second opinion and am getting some more proactive treatment going.

Good luck and prayers that your MRI is clear!

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics