The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Link for Daisy.

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Link for Daisy.

• Replies
      Daisy2018
      Participant
        Thank you Ed. I came across lots of articles but didn’t see this one. ????
        I wonder what my oncologist will suggest.  I don’t know him much as a doctor. I don’t know if I trust him yet with my life. Scary thought.
        I spoke his his PA after PET scan results were read and she was pretty adamant that is was bad news. I kept asking about pseudo progression or inflammation but she was insistent that even my oncologist looked at the scan and thought it was cancer back. I like doctor who keeps your hopes up to instead of crashing them. In what point he will say I should not hope and give up?  My onco surgeon said it could be inflammation. He is the one who knows my father and my family. I only can imagine how often people give up because they didn’t get support at the right time.
        I wonder though about my other spots close to primary site in my groin and pelvis. They lighted up on a scan too.
        Are they granuloma/sarcoidosis or what?
        I had my scan before New Years and only talked to PA who brought bad news and pulmonologist who brought good news with results of biopsy. Next appointment is on Friday.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics