The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lilith Elmore, TracyLee’s daughter, headed off to college- new start for melanoma awareness

Forums Cutaneous Melanoma Community Lilith Elmore, TracyLee’s daughter, headed off to college- new start for melanoma awareness

Participant

I have come to realize my only post on here was about my mothers death. Knowing she was an avid writer on this board, I now hope to continue this tradition.  After my mom passed, I was astonised by how much support I recieved on here. Now, after nearly two years, I'm breaking the silence and vow to be supportive as my mother was when she was on here. 

I have come to realize my only post on here was about my mothers death. Knowing she was an avid writer on this board, I now hope to continue this tradition.  After my mom passed, I was astonised by how much support I recieved on here. Now, after nearly two years, I'm breaking the silence and vow to be supportive as my mother was when she was on here. 

As far as melanoma awareness goes, I have spoken to the Delaware house of represenatives about melanoma, I am working with Delaware health and social services to push more awareness in my state, and I did my senior research project on melanoma, which I am happy to say i got a 100% on. I will continue my research in college and my advocacy as well. I am studying biology for pre-medicine, maybe not oncology per say, but I would like to save lives. 

I will be attending Eastern University in St. Davids Pennsylvania, where I am a member of the leadsership fellows program, a scholarship through the school. I hope to use my leadership platform to start a skin cancer group or something of the sort around my sophomore year. 

My prayers go out to all the patients, family members, and anyone else affected by this disease. I know prayers kept my mother alive better than any medicine could, and it can work for you too.

If anyone would like to email me regarding awareness, grieving, coping, or any research, you can contact me at [email protected] as I regularly check this email. 

Blessings to all and stay strong, 

Lilith Elmore

Freshman at Eastern University, Biology major

Viewing 12 reply threads
    • Replies
        deardad
        Participant

Your mum would be very proud of you. Well done for taking a path to help others.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
          Participant

Your mum would be very proud of you. Well done for taking a path to help others.

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
            Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

Go for it, Gal.  Welcom back, glad it's for gfood not bad reasons.

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

Swanee
                    Participant

Greetings to you Lilith!

It's always wonderful to hear from family after losing one of our beloved MPIP family and to know that life goes on, despite our heartache and that good things come from our suffering.  Congratulations on your scholarship and I know you will go on to do great things in honor of your Mother's life.  

Your Mom was such an inspiration on the MPIP BB and always, no matter how bad things seemed to be for her, she always found the silver lining in everything and I remember how sad I felt when you told us of her passing.  I look back now at all the old posts and see so many others that are gone now too.  Melanoma is such a formidable opponent and it can be so discouraging to battle.  But battle we must and also keep our spirits high, which your Mother did so eloquently and with great  zealous and inspired all of us here, she has been  truly missed.

Thank you Lilith for all you are doing to continue fighting this battle, with us and on your Mother's behalf.  You're strength, fortitude and your Mother's spirit  will guide you and bring us all closer to a future that holds more promise for winning the battle against melanoma.  Blessings to you and your family.

Swanee

Swanee
                      Participant

Greetings to you Lilith!

It's always wonderful to hear from family after losing one of our beloved MPIP family and to know that life goes on, despite our heartache and that good things come from our suffering.  Congratulations on your scholarship and I know you will go on to do great things in honor of your Mother's life.  

Your Mom was such an inspiration on the MPIP BB and always, no matter how bad things seemed to be for her, she always found the silver lining in everything and I remember how sad I felt when you told us of her passing.  I look back now at all the old posts and see so many others that are gone now too.  Melanoma is such a formidable opponent and it can be so discouraging to battle.  But battle we must and also keep our spirits high, which your Mother did so eloquently and with great  zealous and inspired all of us here, she has been  truly missed.

Thank you Lilith for all you are doing to continue fighting this battle, with us and on your Mother's behalf.  You're strength, fortitude and your Mother's spirit  will guide you and bring us all closer to a future that holds more promise for winning the battle against melanoma.  Blessings to you and your family.

Swanee

Swanee
                        Participant

Greetings to you Lilith!

Swanee

LilithFaith
                          Participant

Thank you Swanee, people like you are why my mom enjoyed using this board. I will try to stay active on this board, but as a pre med student it may be a hard feat. Everyone is in my prayers, and you can count on that!

aldakota22
                            Participant

Lilith, such a remarkable yong woman.You honor your mothers memory in such a meaningful way.Sure she is watching as only a very proud and loving mother can from heaven.Bless you in pursuit of melanoma awareness.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

Lilith, such a remarkable yong woman.You honor your mothers memory in such a meaningful way.Sure she is watching as only a very proud and loving mother can from heaven.Bless you in pursuit of melanoma awareness.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                                Participant

LilithFaith
                                  Participant

Thank you Swanee, people like you are why my mom enjoyed using this board. I will try to stay active on this board, but as a pre med student it may be a hard feat. Everyone is in my prayers, and you can count on that!

LilithFaith
                                    Participant

Viewing 12 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics