The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Letter to Mel

Forums General Melanoma Community Letter to Mel

Participant

Dear Melanoma (NOT!),

Well, 2010 has come and gone and only partially because of you, mel, it was without a doubt the worst year of my life. We had quite a fight. You did your best, even returning after I thought I had kicked your a**.  

But…..I'M STILL HERE!  And I expect to be here this same time next year, thanks to my God, my good doctors, and my treatment plan.

Dear Melanoma (NOT!),

Well, 2010 has come and gone and only partially because of you, mel, it was without a doubt the worst year of my life. We had quite a fight. You did your best, even returning after I thought I had kicked your a**.  

But…..I'M STILL HERE!  And I expect to be here this same time next year, thanks to my God, my good doctors, and my treatment plan.

But will you still be here next year, mel?  Maybe not, maybe they will find a cure in 2011. Maybe 2011 is your final year, mel. Maybe. You BETTER be scared, mel, cuz nobody likes you mel, nobody is praying for you, nobody is working and fighting to find a way to keep YOU alive.

Maybe you better run home crying to your mama, mel, maybe you better go home and get your affairs in order, mel !

So here we go again, just you and me, mel. Ready?  CUZ I AM. Round One of 2011: Biochemo starts next Thursday. Let's see how you like it, mel.  I know I'm gonna LOVE it. Can't wait! Let's go.

Most sincerely,

Nicki, stage 3b

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        JuleFL
        Participant
          Very Best Wishes on your 2011 battle with the beast!
          Jule
          JuleFL
          Participant
            Very Best Wishes on your 2011 battle with the beast!
            Jule
            Rocklove
            Participant

What a way to start the year Nicki!!

Our prayers are with you during your next battle.

Keep the spirit, it will keep you alive.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Rocklove
              Participant

What a way to start the year Nicki!!

Our prayers are with you during your next battle.

Keep the spirit, it will keep you alive.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics