The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Leptomen

Forums General Melanoma Community Leptomen

• Replies
      joy_
      Participant

Thanks for sharing this, Jerry.  This is where we are now.  I updated my profile in case I might be able to help anyone else in this boat because I know everyone else's posts and profiles have helped me educate myself, or maybe you can help us!

Looks like we have a few lepto fighters/caregivers here.  Would love to hear from you.

We are headed back for more MRI's (entire spine) and lumbar puncture.  Still working on getting an appt. at MDA.  The weather in Atlanta shut everything down for a couple of days so we haven't gotten anywhere yet but it was a good time for us to get some other things in order.

JerryfromFauq
          Participant

I don't have the lepto, but was very close with Amy and we talked and actually met.  She provided much info for me to distribute to others in case she didn't survive.  She survived the Lepto, thanks to Dr Papa, but then GSK refused to allow her back in the BRAF trial that had gotten rid of most of her body tumors before the Lepto showed up. They had promised Dr Papa that she could re-enter the GKS BRAF trial if she remained clear of the Lepto for 2 months.  She remained clear, but they refused to allow Dr Papa to re-instate her in the trial. Tere's a group of us in a picture on Debbie's bed in Amy Griggs Busby's Facebook page.   I provided a copy of our phone conversations, emails and her MPIP posts and her carepages info to Snickers before my computer crashed last year and I lost part of my data.  It is a rough treatment at the start and is continued on an adjuvant basis for life, which for some has been over 15 years and still going..  

Amy was a very special lady and deserved better than GSK treated her!

JerryfromFauq
            Participant

I don't have the lepto, but was very close with Amy and we talked and actually met.  She provided much info for me to distribute to others in case she didn't survive.  She survived the Lepto, thanks to Dr Papa, but then GSK refused to allow her back in the BRAF trial that had gotten rid of most of her body tumors before the Lepto showed up. They had promised Dr Papa that she could re-enter the GKS BRAF trial if she remained clear of the Lepto for 2 months.  She remained clear, but they refused to allow Dr Papa to re-instate her in the trial. Tere's a group of us in a picture on Debbie's bed in Amy Griggs Busby's Facebook page.   I provided a copy of our phone conversations, emails and her MPIP posts and her carepages info to Snickers before my computer crashed last year and I lost part of my data.  It is a rough treatment at the start and is continued on an adjuvant basis for life, which for some has been over 15 years and still going..  

JerryfromFauq
              Participant

joy_
              Participant

Thanks for sharing this, Jerry.  This is where we are now.  I updated my profile in case I might be able to help anyone else in this boat because I know everyone else's posts and profiles have helped me educate myself, or maybe you can help us!

Looks like we have a few lepto fighters/caregivers here.  Would love to hear from you.

We are headed back for more MRI's (entire spine) and lumbar puncture.  Still working on getting an appt. at MDA.  The weather in Atlanta shut everything down for a couple of days so we haven't gotten anywhere yet but it was a good time for us to get some other things in order.

joy_
                Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics