The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

LDH Levels

Forums General Melanoma Community LDH Levels

Participant

Hello,  I had my 3rd infusion of ipi 3mg on 9/13.  I was looking at my bloodwork over the weekend and I noticed my LDH (Lactate Dehydrogenase) levels: 

8/2 = 163, 8/23 = 156 and 9/13 = 195

(range should be 92-192 U/L)

Is there concern for my LDH to rise to 195 before my 3rd infusion?  

Thanks in advance!!   

Laura

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        sleepyt23
        Participant

If I recall correctly, LDH only comes into play if you have a longer term upward trend. Since you only have three results it is difficult, if not impossible, to say that there is any relation to melanoma to be concerned about. 

Assuming your first reading as a baseline, your second is lower and your third is higher. Average among the three readings is 171.3. 

Additionally, higher LDH results are not indicative of melanoma. It could be any sort of infection that you may not even know you have.

sleepyt23
          Participant

If I recall correctly, LDH only comes into play if you have a longer term upward trend. Since you only have three results it is difficult, if not impossible, to say that there is any relation to melanoma to be concerned about. 

Assuming your first reading as a baseline, your second is lower and your third is higher. Average among the three readings is 171.3. 

Additionally, higher LDH results are not indicative of melanoma. It could be any sort of infection that you may not even know you have.

sleepyt23
            Participant

Gene_S
              Participant

Hello Laura,

Before my husband started his clinical trial his LDH was 1200 I believe and the more treatments he received it moved down near the normal range.  So I wouldn't worry about that little increase.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV and now NED for over 4 years was on the IPI 10mg/kg and GMCSF daily injections on 14 days and off for 7)

laulamb
                  Participant

Thank you both for replying!  It is much appreciated!

laulamb
                    Participant

laulamb
                      Participant

Gene_S
                      Participant

Hello Laura,

Before my husband started his clinical trial his LDH was 1200 I believe and the more treatments he received it moved down near the normal range.  So I wouldn't worry about that little increase.

Judy (loving wife of Gene Stage IV and now NED for over 4 years was on the IPI 10mg/kg and GMCSF daily injections on 14 days and off for 7)

Gene_S
                        Participant

Hello Laura,

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics