The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Latest Update:

Forums General Melanoma Community Latest Update:

Participant

Hi 

First of all, thank you so much to those who took the time to reply to my previous posts. 

I had an appointment yesterday with consultant regarding lymph node removal, but once he examined me, he said he would rather try and avoid this as node is very deep, so he did a fine needle aspiration biopsy there and then. He is now arranging a CT scan for me asap. 

Having a bit of a wobble. Should I be worried about this? 

Thanks 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

No need to worry, you don't know the biopsy results yet. The CT scan is just the doc being very thorough, wanting to make sure everything else in your body is looking normal. I know the wait for biopsy results is the WORST. Try to relax as well as you can. Keeping positive thoughts for you.

Tamlin
            Participant

Thank you very much Jenn. Your right, it is only tests and I need to keep that in mind, until I get results through. i have also read that fine needle aspiration isn't very accurate. Do you have any thoughts on this ? 

Thanks again, and I hope you are keeping well

x

jennunicorn
              Participant

It is accurate enough, if they did a thorough job of getting cells from all over the lymph node, then if there are some melanoma cells in that lymph node they will show up. My oncologist had me do the same thing recently and I go to one of the top melanoma centers in the country, so I don't believe she would make me do a test that wasn't accurate enough for her. Those are my feelings on it ๐Ÿ™‚

jennunicorn
                Participant

It is accurate enough, if they did a thorough job of getting cells from all over the lymph node, then if there are some melanoma cells in that lymph node they will show up. My oncologist had me do the same thing recently and I go to one of the top melanoma centers in the country, so I don't believe she would make me do a test that wasn't accurate enough for her. Those are my feelings on it ๐Ÿ™‚

jennunicorn
                  Participant

Tamlin
                    Participant

Thank you very much Jenn. Your right, it is only tests and I need to keep that in mind, until I get results through. i have also read that fine needle aspiration isn't very accurate. Do you have any thoughts on this ? 

x

Tamlin
                      Participant

x

jennunicorn
                      Participant

No need to worry, you don't know the biopsy results yet. The CT scan is just the doc being very thorough, wanting to make sure everything else in your body is looking normal. I know the wait for biopsy results is the WORST. Try to relax as well as you can. Keeping positive thoughts for you.

jennunicorn
                        Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics