The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Late response for Gene

Forums General Melanoma Community Late response for Gene

Participant

Hi Gene,

I've either been away or our daughter who was visiting made her home at the computer!

To hopefully make more clear what I wrote, "My immune response was at least 5 times over baseline", here goes. Before I began treatment with Yervoy I underwent leukapheresis where a portion of my white blood cells were harvested with the aid of a cell separator machine. My oncologist (more appropriately immunologist) then studied the white blood cells conducting immune assays. He determined my baseline level of T cells.

Hi Gene,

I've either been away or our daughter who was visiting made her home at the computer!

To hopefully make more clear what I wrote, "My immune response was at least 5 times over baseline", here goes. Before I began treatment with Yervoy I underwent leukapheresis where a portion of my white blood cells were harvested with the aid of a cell separator machine. My oncologist (more appropriately immunologist) then studied the white blood cells conducting immune assays. He determined my baseline level of T cells.

Approximately 3 months into treatment I had a second leukapheresis to harvest more white blood cells and determine if there was an immune response. My immunologist reported I had a big response and said the level of T cells had proliferated in great numbers. That's when he said I had an immune response of at least 5 times over baseline. I had a 3rd leukapheresis done toward the end of my treatment and it showed the same response. Hope this helps.

God's richest blessings this new year,

Jim M.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

Hello Jim,

Yes, your info does help. Thank You.

I hope that all of us reading the postings on this forum group

have a good and blessed year.

Best Wishes,

Gene  (Stage IV)

Gene_S
          Participant

Hello Jim,

Best Wishes,

Gene  (Stage IV)

Gene_S
            Participant

Hello Jim,

Best Wishes,

Gene  (Stage IV)

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics