The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lambrolizumab side effects?

Forums General Melanoma Community Lambrolizumab side effects?

Participant

I will be having my third infusion of Lambrolizumab this week. I'm on the 10mg/kg dose every three weeks. So far the side effects have been mostly fatigue, dizziness, and itching.  But it is very unpredictable from one day to the next.  I'd love to hear from anyone else who is on this trial.  Do the side effects get better or worse after more infusions?

I will be having my third infusion of Lambrolizumab this week. I'm on the 10mg/kg dose every three weeks. So far the side effects have been mostly fatigue, dizziness, and itching.  But it is very unpredictable from one day to the next.  I'd love to hear from anyone else who is on this trial.  Do the side effects get better or worse after more infusions?

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Hey Jaryllane,

Surprised no one has answered up to this question yet.  Maybe that's a good omen that people aren't getting many side effects.  Doing a search on here as I'm sure you have done, there isn't many reporting much different that your reported symptoms.  I just had my first infusion of nivolumab yesterday.  I think the side effects between the two drugs have been pretty similar so far with maybe lambrolizumab having slightly more reported side effects but I also saw a study result where lambrolizumab reported a little better response rate than nivolumab so maybe the slightly more side effects is a good sign.  Good luck to you.  You are probably on the leading edge of the lambrollizumab treatment so I'm sure others will look forward to hearing your side effects and results.

Brian

Edward N.
            Participant

Nice to find this. I begin lambrolizumab next Wednesday 10/2/13. I now have a place to find answers if I need them…

Edward N.
              Participant

Nice to find this. I begin lambrolizumab next Wednesday 10/2/13. I now have a place to find answers if I need them…

Edward N.
                Participant

BrianP
                Participant

Hey Jaryllane,

Surprised no one has answered up to this question yet.  Maybe that's a good omen that people aren't getting many side effects.  Doing a search on here as I'm sure you have done, there isn't many reporting much different that your reported symptoms.  I just had my first infusion of nivolumab yesterday.  I think the side effects between the two drugs have been pretty similar so far with maybe lambrolizumab having slightly more reported side effects but I also saw a study result where lambrolizumab reported a little better response rate than nivolumab so maybe the slightly more side effects is a good sign.  Good luck to you.  You are probably on the leading edge of the lambrollizumab treatment so I'm sure others will look forward to hearing your side effects and results.

Brian

BrianP
                  Participant

Hey Jaryllane,

Brian

Tina D
                    Participant

Hi, Well, you are ahead of me in number of treatments, I will be having my third in just over a week. But the oncology nurse practitioner told me that the side effects do NOT tend to be cumulative in nature. I have had some fatigue, and some minor itching & a little dizziness. Over all feeling well, though and able to do many of my "normal" things.I am not sure which dose I am on due to the nature of the clinical trial.

Tina

Tina D
                      Participant

Hi, Well, you are ahead of me in number of treatments, I will be having my third in just over a week. But the oncology nurse practitioner told me that the side effects do NOT tend to be cumulative in nature. I have had some fatigue, and some minor itching & a little dizziness. Over all feeling well, though and able to do many of my "normal" things.I am not sure which dose I am on due to the nature of the clinical trial.

Tina

Tina D
                        Participant

Tina

Tamils
                          Participant

My father was on Lambrolizumab, 10 mg/kg every two weeks.  His main side effect was fatigue– morning, noon, and afternoon naps.  

Tamils
                            Participant

My father was on Lambrolizumab, 10 mg/kg every two weeks.  His main side effect was fatigue– morning, noon, and afternoon naps.  

Tamils
                              Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics