The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keytruda working?

Forums General Melanoma Community Keytruda working?

Participant

For those that have gotten a response from Keytruda, how long did it take for shrinkage of tumors?  I have in transit tumors and can feel them under the skin.  The area around the tumors turns red at times so I am assuming it is some type of inflammation.  Have any of you experienced redness of the skin around subcutaneous in transit melanoma tumors?  I am not sure if this is from Keytruda and is a good sign that it might be working or if it is common and something that happens in the lmphatic system when fluid is blocked by tumors.  It does not appear that the tumor has shrunk any after 2 infusions.  Thank you for any responses. Take care everyone.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Patrisa
        Participant

Yes, people on keytruda have reported redness, swelling and were responders! So hang in there, 2 infusions is not enough to say if it´s working or not….

In my fathers case, i belive we saw shrinkage (he had one large sub met) around 3rd infusion…..

Be well,

Patrisa

Capt jack
            Participant

In my case I had tumors in lymph node and one on the lung. After four treatments I had a ct scan, the tumors had been reduced by 60% I just had a ct/pet scan after 8 treatments and the radiologist reported NED. My side effects were rash, fatigue, and vitilgo.  Holding off on more treatments and see what the ct scan shows in 3-4 months.  Good luck on your journey.

williez
              Participant

When I began with keytruda, december 28th 2015 my main tumor was in my low back.

I was indicated radioteraphy and when I had the ct/scan for plannification of radioteraphy in february 2016 with just two keytruda aplications, module  had reduced to almost half of its volume.

I have  had 14 aplications with minors secundary effects (litte fatigue) and good partial responses.

I had previously fíve metastasis in lymphs ( resección and radiotheraphy), brain (resección and radiotheraphy) , adrenal (resección), thigh and back (radiotheraphy in bote cases) and poor results with Yervoy.

I feel fairly good and extremly happy with keytruda doing walkings and begging litte joggins.

Willie from Buenos Aires, Argentina

williez
                Participant

I hipe this good news encourage you!!!

williez
                  Participant

williez
                    Participant

williez
                      Participant

When I began with keytruda, december 28th 2015 my main tumor was in my low back.

I was indicated radioteraphy and when I had the ct/scan for plannification of radioteraphy in february 2016 with just two keytruda aplications, module  had reduced to almost half of its volume.

I have  had 14 aplications with minors secundary effects (litte fatigue) and good partial responses.

I had previously fíve metastasis in lymphs ( resección and radiotheraphy), brain (resección and radiotheraphy) , adrenal (resección), thigh and back (radiotheraphy in bote cases) and poor results with Yervoy.

I feel fairly good and extremly happy with keytruda doing walkings and begging litte joggins.

williez
                        Participant

Capt jack
                          Participant

In my case I had tumors in lymph node and one on the lung. After four treatments I had a ct scan, the tumors had been reduced by 60% I just had a ct/pet scan after 8 treatments and the radiologist reported NED. My side effects were rash, fatigue, and vitilgo.  Holding off on more treatments and see what the ct scan shows in 3-4 months.  Good luck on your journey.

Capt jack
                            Participant

Patrisa
                            Participant

Yes, people on keytruda have reported redness, swelling and were responders! So hang in there, 2 infusions is not enough to say if it´s working or not….

In my fathers case, i belive we saw shrinkage (he had one large sub met) around 3rd infusion…..

Be well,

Patrisa

Patrisa
                              Participant

Be well,

Patrisa

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics