The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keytruda Side Effect

Forums General Melanoma Community Keytruda Side Effect

Participant

I have had four infusions of keytruda without really any side effects.

However in the last couple of days i have been having the urge to go to the toilet badly and only a bit comes out and my bottom or sphincer is really sore. I mean it is really sore after defecating.

In fact it is dangerous for me to pass wind as i might soil myself a bit..

I know i could use immodium but the thting is I am not really constipated in fact it seems i only get a bit out but i still have the urge to go to the toilet. I dont see my doctor for another week.

Has anyone else had similar symptoms and what have you done? 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Preparation h wipes and spraying with witch hazel might help the soreness. If you are able walk a couple miles a day to keep the plumbing good. Make sure you eat enough fiber like from bread. Even before melanoma I've had that issue but it usually only lasted a few days to a week and I could always trace it back to something I ate like Taco Bell or something. Might be keytruda who knows.

Artie

arthurjedi007
          Participant

Preparation h wipes and spraying with witch hazel might help the soreness. If you are able walk a couple miles a day to keep the plumbing good. Make sure you eat enough fiber like from bread. Even before melanoma I've had that issue but it usually only lasted a few days to a week and I could always trace it back to something I ate like Taco Bell or something. Might be keytruda who knows.

Artie

arthurjedi007
            Participant

Artie

Squash
                Participant

Thanks Artie

I didnt have this problem ever before.

I just seem to have a lot of gas but am not getting a bowel movement with it and all i get is a litte trickle and it is getting really sore.

Julie in SoCal
                  Participant

Hi Anon,

I just finished my 10th infusion of Keytruda, and I usually have a bit of "urgency" and gas the first week after the infusion. But then it goes away.  My Dr has said that if I have further troubles to give him a call.  

I would definitely talk with your dr about it.  

Blessings,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                    Participant

Hi Anon,

I just finished my 10th infusion of Keytruda, and I usually have a bit of "urgency" and gas the first week after the infusion. But then it goes away.  My Dr has said that if I have further troubles to give him a call.  

Blessings,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                      Participant

Hi Anon,

Blessings,

Julie

arthurjedi007
                        Participant

Maybe try some mineral oil or mirilax to soften the bowels so you get more than a trickle.

I do the wipes and witch hazel all the time cause of my hemroids. Otherwise would be sore. Cause of the pain meds I now have to do the mirilax .

Artie

arthurjedi007
                          Participant

Maybe try some mineral oil or mirilax to soften the bowels so you get more than a trickle.

I do the wipes and witch hazel all the time cause of my hemroids. Otherwise would be sore. Cause of the pain meds I now have to do the mirilax .

Artie

arthurjedi007
                            Participant

Artie

Squash
                              Participant

Thanks Artie

I just seem to have a lot of gas but am not getting a bowel movement with it and all i get is a litte trickle and it is getting really sore.

Squash
                                Participant

Thanks Artie

MattF
                                Participant

hey

19th Keytruda here and I have no rectum soreness,,,,but gas since day one….

sometimes its a gas day and sometimes a poop day. 

i started full dose of laxitives and a full dose of stool softners everyday….and tried to eat normal healthy

i regulated out to 1 or 2 trips to bathroom pewr day for bowel movement

MattF
                                  Participant

hey

i started full dose of laxitives and a full dose of stool softners everyday….and tried to eat normal healthy

MattF
                                    Participant

hey

Beehappy
                                      Participant

My husband is on the ipi vs. nivo study.  We are not sure which of the drugs he has been given, but he started having this problem as well a month into treatment.  He tried over the counter pads and cream for relief but found coconut oil to be the best topical relief. 

Rebecca

Beehappy
                                        Participant

My husband is on the ipi vs. nivo study.  We are not sure which of the drugs he has been given, but he started having this problem as well a month into treatment.  He tried over the counter pads and cream for relief but found coconut oil to be the best topical relief. 

Rebecca

Squash
                                            Participant

I am using coconut oil too.

I wonder thou how long this problem is going to go on.

I am taking gastro stop every four hours for a week now with no end in sight.

How can i get some resolution?

Squash
                                              Participant

Squash
                                                Participant

Beehappy
                                                Participant

Rebecca

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics